Help! How do I do this?

DocPhotoshop

3 posts in this topic

I am new to this installing OSX on a 'native' PC, and I am totally lost!

The main problem is how do I do it? I have read through the forum, and everything that I have read, I have become more and more confused on!

Is there any tutorial on how it is done? Or is it a case of just throw the things in and learn by error?

The machine I am wanting to install to is:

AMD Turion TL52, 1GB Ram, ATI X1300

Any help would be really appreciated!

First, you should look up your motherboard model and brand, and search the forum to see if that motherboard works well with OSx86. If it is compatible then follow the instructions below.

1. Get OSx86 installer disk, it's against forum rules to post info on how to get it, so you're on your own. Hint: search popular torrent sites for JAS 10.4.8.

2. Prepare a spare harddrive or partition, 20G is a good start, I recommend 50G for apps. You can use Windows' Disk Management to do it.

3. Burn the OSX DVD and Boot the DVD, press any key when it asks to.

4. If you get the interface to load where it shows the menu on top, go to the Tools menu and choose Disk Utilities. In Disk Util, select the partition for OSX, select the Erase tab, choose Mac OS Extended (Journeled) and click Erase. Once done exit, Disk Util.

5. Now the OSX partition is ready for installation, select it and then click Customize, and select your AMD CPU option and ATI driver and any other drivers that apply to your hardware. Deselect anything that you don't have.

6. Follow the rest of the instructions, it should be straght foward.

If you have problems, search forum for help.

The mainboard isn't listed, it is a generic Acer job in the laptop, running an ATI RS485MC/RX485 SB460 chipset.

I've had a look around, and cannot find anything mentioned in the forum, but I am willing to give it a try anyway, because I am a little annoyed about the latest Microsith offering, and I would rather go back to the beloved Mac anyway; but the reason I shifted away in the first place is a long story (and probably one that has been heard a million times before). The Macbook Pro

is on order!

As of the OSx86 system, I already have got this; I am grateful for the response on how to get it, but if anyone else posts, please do not say these things, becasue I don't want anyone to get trouble on my behalf!

If it does work, it is just a matter of convincing the other half that OSX is good, and Windows is evil. Anyone got any ideas on how to do that???