Home Theater Hackintosh, Thanks to Mac.Nub

Vanilla

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone posting here. I've been lurking for about a month, trying to figure out how to make a Frankenmac without too much hassle.

Well it worked out! I used the Asus P5LD2 board and the mac.nub install disc. The results are perfect!

All the parts were recommended and tried by others here on the wiki/forum.

Asus P5LD2, Asus geforce 7300gt PCIE 256 mb, Allendale 2160 (overclocked easily to 3ghz), 1 gig ram, IDE harddrive and DVDRW. I slapped it all together for less than $300. I have everything working straight from the mac.nub installer.

SPDIF digital surround sound, full QE support, network. I've installed my Eye TV software and hybrid tuner and hooked it up to my receiver and projector. All works perfectly. Updates are working. Front Row bliss.

The only snag was that it took a few installs before I realized that I was skipping the master boot record step in Disk Utility.

Anyway, great experience overall. I have several other real macs, and this one is faster than all of them. Really outstanding!

Sleep works. Yes, for my install, I selected:

ATA & USB

* ICH7-R, ICH8-R, ICH8

Graphics

* Natit Dual v01, v02

Audio

* ALC822

Network

* Generic IONetworkingFamily.kext Fix

* Marvell Gigabit – 88E8011, 3Com 3C940 (& 3C940B), D-Link DGE530T

Kernels

* 8.10.1 + System.kext + dsmos.kext (Default)

hurray, sleep works!, thanks! save some electric bills, and CO2put to sleep at least 8hrs,... 120W / 3 * 365 = save $60 / year$1.5/watt per 365/24 ...now if we could get the sleep and speedstep working for laptop/notebook 's , be great.hurray, sleep works!, thanks! save some electric bills, and CO2put to sleep at least 8hrs,... 120W / 3 * 365 = save $60 / year$1.5/watt per 365/24 ...now if we could get the sleep and speedstep working for laptop/notebook 's , be great.