2 Leopard annoyances about windows partition and stacks icons

badlydrawn

7 posts in this topic

I did a regular install of Leopard on my MBP, just an upgrade and it went very smoothly. I found two problems that I'm having, 1 regarding the Windows HD icon on my desktop from my boot cam partition and 1 with stacks and icons.

I have set my finder to NOT show harddisk on my desktop, and it doesn't show my Macintosh HD, but it does show my Windows HD. It's really annoying and the only way I can get rid of it is if I eject it every time I boot up. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Also, I used to have my applications folder in my dock, and when my upgrade finished, I guess it turned into a stack. Although it was very convenient to have all my apps in a stack, the damn icon is incorrect! I tried removing it from the dock and putting the applications folder back onto the dock several times. For the first second it shows the correct app blue folder icon, but then it immediately turns into the address book icon. So annoying! Same issue with having my user folder on stacks, it should be a little house icon but when I put it into my dock, it turns into a generic blue folder.

So has anyone experienced these problems? Do you guys know of any possible fixes? Let me know, thanks!

stacks dont show as folders, they show as the icons inside the folder you dragged there. Its annoying that it ONLY shows the very first icon in the stack (whether it be an app, folder, or file) and that you cant choose another, but those are the breaks.

Actually, it shows a lot more than the first icon.

picture1zj6.png

The second one, about the Icons is not a problem. It's a feature. In Mac OS X 10.0-10.4 many users complained that they couldn't easily see what was in a folder in the Dock. Now, you can easily tell.

Pisses me the hell off. That and the loss of hierarchical menus on Dock folders are my #1 and #2 gripes with Leopard. The hierarchical menu removal is especially galling as they could have easily added it to the menu shown when you right (or control) click the folder.