Leopard hangs at bluescreen

Cutwolf

7 posts in this topic

Just installed Leopard. Went through the entire install process. However, when I try to restart into Leopard, it does nothing. It shows the Apple logo, the little loading swirly, then goes to a blue screen and just sits there. I can move the mouse, make the mouse dance around, make the mouse do whatever...but it just stays there, no matter how long I wait.

There have been other threads about this but no help.

People instead chose to debate whether it was proper to call it the blue screen of death or not, which was completely frustrating since people are really looking for answers about this.

So lets ignore the color of the screen and what we call it:How do I fix this or at least what can I try? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Oh, FWIW, I'm on a Macbook pro 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo 2 gb ram 120 gb hard drive 8600M 256 mb

I had this issue on my iBook G4. After what appeared to be an successful install (upgrade), upon re-boot, got blue screen with black cursor. Read some tips on Apple Discussions http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...31&tstart=0 to try Archive and Install with "Preserve user and network settings" option checked, and she finally came up. You can also see Apple's Support on this here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306857

1. Reboot into single-user mode (hold Cmd-S while booting machine)

2. Follow the directions OSX gives you when you get to the prompt (I think these were them - just type the two commands it tells you to):

fsck -fy /

/sbin/mount -uw /

3. Remove the following files:

rm -rf /Library/Preference Panes/Application Enhancer.prefpane

rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/Application Enhancer.framework

rm -rf /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Application Enhancer.bundle

rm -rf /Library/Preferences/com.unsanity.ape.plist

4. Exit, to continue booting normally

exit

Alternatively - you can do an archive & install - simply hold c down to boot from the dvd - follow the prompts.

It will leave your system fully intact - then just boot from the dvd again to change the root password from the utilities menu.