Totaly borked my 10.4.9 install with 10.4.10 update

MacApprentice

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I tried updating to 10.4.10 with koolkal installer (I think it was this one) and total borked my system with it. I tried restoring the Extensions folder and kernet as the install did backups and it doesn't work. I repaired disk & permissions but it still saying something about nDIS hanging or whetever.

Anybody could help?

thx

Hey guys,

I tried updating to 10.4.10 with koolkal installer (I think it was this one) and total borked my system with it. I tried restoring the Extensions folder and kernet as the install did backups and it doesn't work. I repaired disk & permissions but it still saying something about nDIS hanging or whetever.

Anybody could help?

thx

Also happened to me before. Probably need to do a reinstall I am sorry.

Before you update make a good restorable image from your OSX install, Acronis True Image is one of those applications that will be able to do that for you. If you bork your install you can always go back to it.

What you could also try out is make another mac partition next to the one you have working properly.

Install the 'new' release on the other partition and if all works well use migration assistant to move over your files, programs and settings -> works great.

This way you can try out all sorts of configurations, use the other install to change some files or something and use it as a source for when the new install works good.

With Acronis disk director you can move partitions around the drive, get rid of the source and use the new one - move it to the end of the drive or whatever.

:pirate2: