OSX on VMware.

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I also installed JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskutil.biker880.ich7-R.patch.Integrated on VMware server 1.0.4.

It;s a Compaq C500 laptop. Host OS Windows Vista Home Premium. VMware server 1.0.4. It works except for two things,

This is the exact same iso I used to install on a native installation. But for some reasons, when it's in the VM, I don't get the right screen resolution. I only have the 1024x768 in full screen mode. I really like to have it in 1280x800 but there isn't a choice in the display control panel (1024x768 is the only one available). I am pretty sure it's not a VMware issue because my virtual Ubuntu display 1280x800 nicely. I already tried edit the com.Apple.Boot.plist, but that doesn't help. The VEN_ID is 15ad and DEV_ID 0405. on the VMware. I suppose I need to edit one of the Graphic related kext, but which one?

No sound. I tried using both VMwares's sound adaptor and the Conexant, none of them works. I also installed Conexant HD Audio.pkg, that doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

MacPaq.

Hi wmarsh,

Thanks for the replay. I don't understand this then. How come the in the Ubuntu installation, I am able to get 1280x800 resolution if VMware is limited to 16 M of memory?

The Maxxuss you mentioned is what I have, not sure why it doesn't work

MacPaq

Because Ubuntu uses the Video Card natively.

VMware emulates some parts of a PC, like the graphic card, sound card, network card, other.

Inside the virtualized machine you have an Intel harddisk controller no matter if you have phycally a nvidia, Sis, or Via controller.

VESA 2 does not support that resolution.

Oh, I understand you now.

Yes, Ubuntu, Redhat other linuxes, and diferent versions of Windows have drivers from VMware tools that could change resolution and use the Virtual Graphics Card better than VESA mode.