Has anyone tried the Shuttle SD33G5?

mannie

5 posts in this topic

I just got this shuttle to replace my SD32G2, which had 945G and worked very well. I'm not too sure about this shuttle, b/c I dont see many resources for the G33 chipset. I guess there is not much support for it. I have the JAS 10.4.8, but if anyone can direct me to a good install (hopefullu leopard), I will give this the test run.

thanks.

funny me seeing this post

I have just bought a shuttle SD30G2 and I have been trying to install mac osx

I can get it installed and it can see the drives, but when it comes to booting in, it sits at the blue screen after the one with the apple with the spinning disk. It sits at the blue screen for ages and does nothing

I have tried the jaz 10.4.8 install for sse3 and a few others but all do the same. I am downloing a copy of 10.4.9 just now which might work...HOPEFULLY

mike

Intel 3100 Graphics Media Accelerator is a NO! so you will nead a new video card.

ich9 sata chipsets are known to work but you will nead a special patched install DVD some times. so forget jas 10.4.8 it will not go you will nead toi get a special uphuck 10.4.9 or up with the patches think its version 1.3 or 1.4 you will nead

@ dj_myk your system will do fine @ installation. of any of the dvd's just make sure you set your sata to ich 7 in the bios.

and make sure you get your drivers. for sound lan and video.

thanks candycane

I will try swapping the sata channel across tonight.

I am in teh process of downloading the uphuck dvd. I have a ati radeon x330 graphics card which works on 1024*768 in osx but will not go higher so i switch to the onboard one, as for sound I have disabled the onboard in favour of my sound blaster 24 bit live external.

Hopefully I can get it installed tonight with the new uphuck dvd.

As i say it installs fine with no errors, and reboots and then displays the grey screen with the apple and the spinner, then it gets to the blue screen like its ready to kick into the welcome screen setup and then hangs. No hdd activity or sound or a mouse cursor

mike

p.s sorry to hijack the thread

• 4 weeks later...