Disk Utility Can't find Drives

UGunit89

8 posts in this topic

Ok just to start it off, I'm completely new to installing a mac onto my pc. But I tried to follow one of the dual booting wiki guide, but I got stuck at the step where I'm suppose to have disk utility format the fat32 partition. The thing is the only disk that the utility sees is the DVD.

I thought it might have been because I was using Acronis to partition my drive and as a OS selector. So I undid what I did with Acronis and followed a different guide. I still got stuck in the disk utility place.

After about the third attempt my computer started saying some type of MBR error and wouldn't boot. So I had to use the backup Acronis backup CD I made to get back onto my system.

I'm not sure what to do now.

My Comptuer specs are.

Toshiba Satellite laptop A215-S4747

Dualbooting XP Pro and Vista Ultimate

AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-56

SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

Im using TubGirls tub_Osx10410_AMDVM_SSE3 10.4.10 Update

Any other info needed

Thank You

Update: I downloaded a different cd(10.4.9) thinking that it would solve the problem. I also re partitioned my drive and it still didn't show up on disk utility. What's worse is that I got the Mbr error again after restarting my computer and ended up having to reinstall both windows. :unsure:

I'm still want to run macosx so do you guys have any idea why it isn't showing up on disk utility in the mac instalation?

Thx

We'll I reformated my pc and tried again still no luck in disk utility seeing anything but the dvd drive.

Enter bios and disable sata native mode. It doesn't make a difference anyway.I

I doubt my bios has that option. And if it does were do i find it.

Anymore suggetions

We'll I reformated my pc and tried again still no luck in disk utility seeing anything but the dvd drive.

I doubt my bios has that option. And if it does were do i find it.

Anymore suggetions

nvidia chipsets usually don't offer that but intel and via has it under 'sata controller' or 'disk controller' or something along those lines. Changing it to AHCI is what you want to do for OS X.

nvidia chipsets usually don't offer that but intel and via has it under 'sata controller' or 'disk controller' or something along those lines. Changing it to AHCI is what you want to do for OS X.

Nope my bios doesn't have that option :) . I'll keep trying to find a work around, but thanks for the reply.