GA-P35-DS4 and radeon 2600 XT

RitoN

33 posts in this topic

Hi everybody.I'm trying to install my first hackintosh.

For that, I bought :

- core 2 duo 6750

- GA-P35-DS4 mobo

- 2 * 500 GB HDD sata (samsung)

- radeon 2600 XT PCIe

- a SATA DVD drive

- 27" DELL screen

I'm using a XxX_OSX86_10.4.10 version.The installation is correct, my HDD is recognized, I have no driver corresponding to my graphic card, so I suppose I have to let it empty to use a default driver that is probably able to display in 1024 * 768 resolution. Then, when my system is running, I just have to install the correct driver I found in the forum.

Once my installation is over, the system reboots, loads a lot of files, and then, black screen, the system is loading within this time, cause I can see the HDD led flashing.I've tried to use each of the DVI ports to connect my screen, the to use the VGA adapter. If you have any suggestion, I'll be happy to try it !!!

I tried to press "shift" during startup, and I have something on the screen. So I'm continuing to search for my answer. Leave me any message if you have some help for me.Thanks in advance !!

Now I'm under mac OS with the minimum things working (internet, 1024*768, no sound). I hope I'll find anything I need.

I've installed KaliWay 10.4.10, for that, I put my SATA into IDE mode (in the bios options). I succed in booting in safe mode, the loading is really slow. In safe mode, I have access to internet and I'm able to connect a windows PC.

I succeed in doing the same with XxX 10.4.10 but in SATA mode (much faster).

In both case, once I've run Mac OS in safe mode (the only way I'm able to run it). I'm installing the radeon HD driver. Then I'm asked to reboot. And then, it's impossible to run mac OS again cause it is blocking with com.apple.nibindd and DNSresponder with error codes. This loop is done 10 times and then nothing more happens.

Any suggestions ? I want to try a Jas version and or a uphuck version, I hope this will be working for my configuration.

I've installed KaliWay 10.4.10, for that, I put my SATA into IDE mode (in the bios options). I succed in booting in safe mode, the loading is really slow. In safe mode, I have access to internet and I'm able to connect a windows PC.

how you install Kalyway? HDD and DVDrw on yellow ports or purple ports (Intel or Jmicron) ?

for ati hd drivers you need 8.10.3 kernel, do you have try Kalyway 10.4.10 and ATI_Radeon_HD driver installer?

and only with DVI2VGA adapter is working for now!

I've installed tiger with a DVD drive. Both of my HDD and my DVD reader are plugged on the 3 first orange socket.

I've read that the radeon does need to use the VGA adapter ... I tried this but it gaves me nothing.

I installed kalyway 10.4.10, but I don't know the exact kernel version. Once it is installed, I need to start OS X in safe mode to install the radeon driver. And then it is impossible for me to boot because I'm locked in the DNSResponder step of the startup process. I'm trying to download the 10.4.9 version from JaS. I hope this could help me in solving my problem.

Yes, I read about everything about this subject I've installed the driver, but after rebooting (that is not working, I have to reset manually my computer), I have a trouble in the loading process with mDNSresponder and com.apple.nibindd ... No way to boot the computer, even in safe mode.

The second problem is, when you installed the driver for the radeon, you need to use a vga adapter but I don't know which is the port to use (the first or the second). I tried them both but nothing happened. Is there any settings of jumper on the graphic card ??

Another issue/question : how can I get my mobo revision ? (1, 1.1 or 2.0)

Last question : my bios is in version 4, do I need to update it to the last version ?

jonyb7, if its not to much trouble could you type up a little tutorial on what you did to get this thing running? I've been on netkas's site but I don't have a clue of what hes talking about since I'm fairly new to this unix thing. I'm sure a lot of other people would find it very helpful as well. I cant seem to get the framework replaced or the kernel upgraded with the one in the download.

Heres what I'm working with,

Badaxe2 with 2gb ram

Intel Pentium Dualcore @3.2ghz

Sapphire 512mb HD 2600xt

Sound working, triple booting with xp, vista, and osx

Osx is running Jas 10.4.8 upgraded with koolkal 10.4.10

Thanks in advance,

Chris

So I'm back.

10,4,8 jas installation impossible.

I tried the 10,4,9 uphuck version, that is working, but I still can not use my radeon gfx card.

I have no sound as well, I have the drivers but don't know how to install them.

My mobo revision is 1.2, I didn't knew this was an existing version...

new point: I've installed the sound driver. Works perfectly but only 2 of my 6 speakers are working.

:( but, when installing the radeon HD driver, the system does not want to boot anymore. I'm locked on a blue screen (not the same as windows :whistle: ) but the OS is no more loading. I'm plugged on the VGA port ... Is there any other way to make my graphic card work ?

jonyb7, if its not to much trouble could you type up a little tutorial on what you did to get this thing running? I've been on netkas's site but I don't have a clue of what hes talking about since I'm fairly new to this unix thing. I'm sure a lot of other people would find it very helpful as well. I cant seem to get the framework replaced or the kernel upgraded with the one in the download.

Heres what I'm working with,

Badaxe2 with 2gb ram

Intel Pentium Dualcore @3.2ghz

Sapphire 512mb HD 2600xt

Sound working, triple booting with xp, vista, and osx

Osx is running Jas 10.4.8 upgraded with koolkal 10.4.10

Thanks in advance,

Chris

use ChaOSX86 install dvd, and during instalation select Natit kext....

9715natit.jpg

I've installed the 10.4.9 from uphuck, then I updated it with 10.4.10 from koolkal. And when I installed the netkas drivers, I rebooted my computer and then nothing. I'm locked during the loading with com.apple.nibindd ....I still have the same problem since the beginning in fact. I have to look at my kernel version .. Maybe I absolutely need to be in something like 8.10.3 ?I've also tried mac.nub release, but I get a "still waiting for root device" message.I'm not able to find ChaOSX86 - 10.4.10 V5.0 Install DVDI've search on several sites ...Hope I'll find my solution in the 8.10.3 kernelARG, after my last installation, my kernel is in version 8.10.1How to get it in version 8.10.3 ?

Here are some picture of my problem. This is when I just installed the netkas radeon package. The computer is rebooting and then I have what you can see in my screenshots.

If anyone has ever saw that, I'll feel less alone !

post-132996-1193692095_thumb.jpg

post-132996-1193692108_thumb.jpg

Here are some picture of my problem. This is when I just installed the netkas radeon package. The computer is rebooting and then I have what you can see in my screenshots.

If anyone has ever saw that, I'll feel less alone !

read PM :rolleyes:

Hey hey hey :)

thanks to the Hungarian people, it's working !!

I'm using the ChaOSX86 version 10.4.10.

All is working, except the 6 channels of the sound card. Just front speakers are working.

Thanks all for your help and let's say that ChaOSX is the best version I tried those days since it is the only one that is perfectly working for me.

I'm happy now !!

Thank you RitoN :D ! Its working like a dream now! I was a little worried the 512mb DDR3 version would cause some problems but it works great! If anyone out there has a 2600 you need to use this disk as its painless and will save you so much time. At last count I had 27 reinstalls of Jas10.4.8, this one just worked :P .

Thank you again.