OSX running. Just no reboot / sleep... help...

e-ghost

7 posts in this topic

Hi all! I have got my OSX up and running already. Updated the USB2.0 driver and enabled QE/CI also. Fusion also works with Unity enabled. So finally it works ALMOST a real Mac except I cannot use the reboot or the sleep option at all. If I choose reboot, it will exit the GUI and then reach the black screen. After all its finishing works, it won't move on the actual reboot action at all and just stop there. Sleep option will provide similar result also. If I left my OSX86 untouch for a while and it went to sleep mode, I can wake it back up with power button but then only the mouse pointer can MOVE (but can't click any button/menu - no response). Keyboard button also no response at all so at last I need to hard reboot/shutdown....

I am now running uphunk v1.4a (10.4.9) with NF4 _ Athlon64 X2. Is there any package I can update to solve this part? Sometime I remote connect back to it and wanna restart... I will lose contact with it for good until I come back to home and hard reboot it....

Only this issue left! Please help! Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hi all! I have got my OSX up and running already. Updated the USB2.0 driver and enabled QE/CI also. Fusion also works with Unity enabled. So finally it works ALMOST a real Mac except I cannot use the reboot or the sleep option at all. If I choose reboot, it will exit the GUI and then reach the black screen. After all its finishing works, it won't move on the actual reboot action at all and just stop there. Sleep option will provide similar result also. If I left my OSX86 untouch for a while and it went to sleep mode, I can wake it back up with power button but then only the mouse pointer can MOVE (but can't click any button/menu - no response). Keyboard button also no response at all so at last I need to hard reboot/shutdown....

I am now running uphunk v1.4a (10.4.9) with NF4 _ Athlon64 X2. Is there any package I can update to solve this part? Sometime I remote connect back to it and wanna restart... I will lose contact with it for good until I come back to home and hard reboot it....

Only this issue left! Please help! Thanks!

You can change settings to stop it from sleeping after a certain length of time I believe

Hi,

I think this is a general issue w. the Tiger Osx86. It has probably to do with the fact that to enable this feature on non-mac hw, the kernel needs major re-assembly (literally...).

You can set 'time to sleep' to 'never' in the system prefs (under screen saver I believe).

Its a bit too bad you can not put it to sleep (especially on a laptop), but not having a reboot option is in my opinion a non-issue; just shut down and hit the power button again!