[Ok] Still waiting for root device error

FabricioGS

15 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install Leo using Kalyway DVD but got that error.

I can use Mac OS 10.4.10 normally, just had to switch my bios to AHCI, but in leo I gost this error.

Is there a special trick for the ICH9 chipset? I know I'm close to solve this but I don't know what it is.

Guest lord of the view

I have the same problem. I haven't figured it out yet. Try booting into verbose mode and telling us what you see. When I had the same problem with Tiger, I just installed as few packages as I could and slowly added them until I found out which one didn't work. Also, tell us your installation steps.

Thanks again MaFL, it worked!

Now I'm facing some problems with repair disk permissions. Did it and corrected all kexts, but some directories are with incorrect permitions and the systema cannot restore it, like the diretory /private/tmp/. Because of that problem, I can't install anything here :D

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install Leo using Kalyway DVD but got that error.

I can use Mac OS 10.4.10 normally, just had to switch my bios to AHCI, but in leo I gost this error.

Is there a special trick for the ICH9 chipset? I know I'm close to solve this but I don't know what it is.

so how exactly did you get it working? i have the P5K Premium and i get the same error. the thing is that i'm running raid0 with 2 of my hdds so it is on RAID mode, therefore i cant select AHCI mode. but tiger installs just fine..