Installed, Nothing works, annoyed!

27 posts in this topic

I now have everything working for this. I even plugged in a blue tooth dongle and that worked straight off :(

final few niggles: only single connection on X1600 working and only on vga. I would like dual and ability to use dvi. also verbose seems to come on after driver installation and i would like to know how to stop that. other than that i think i'm there with tiger.

next step: leopard is coming and i would like to buy the true copy. would this work and if so what patch would i need to use?

I now have everything working for this. I even plugged in a blue tooth dongle and that worked straight off :D

final few niggles: only single connection on X1600 working and only on vga. I would like dual and ability to use dvi. also verbose seems to come on after driver installation and i would like to know how to stop that. other than that i think i'm there with tiger.

next step: leopard is coming and i would like to buy the true copy. would this work and if so what patch would i need to use?

. . glad to hear things are [mostly] working: have no idea how to sort out your ATI vidcard issues.

Re: your non-burning DVDRW, which IDE port is it attached to? . . if sharing the single Intel SBridge port, is it correctly jumpered?

If your DVDRW is correctly installed yet marked as unsupported for burning in System Profiler you might like to take a look at Patchburn.

Nice idea to buy Leopard; but better to put the cash saved towards the purchase of a mac sometime early next year . . there will be an OSX86 version of Leopard b581 more-or-less simultaneous to the release of the real thing.