Photoshop Question

`SFX2501

6 posts in this topic

Hi, im new to this forum and this seems like the optimum place to ask my question: I've been a Windows user for years and have finally decided to switch to Apple Mac OS X, however I am wondering if my windows version of Photoshop CS3 will install to the Mac OS X. Im hoping it does because I don't want to rebuy a Photoshop CS3 for Mac and I don't feel like illegally torrenting it either. Thanks

I'm sorry to tell you that your windows version of Photoshop WON"T run in OSX since they are completely different architectures, you can use virtual PC which emulates windows under OSX (if I'm wrong somebody please correct me), but it won't be the same in terms of speed.

I really wish companies would offer a "trade" program to switch os.

I thought Adobe DID offer something like that. A friend of mine says he switched his CS2 for a nominal fee when he switched from Mac to PC. Maybe he's just blowing sunshine but it still could be worth a call to Adobe to ask. What's the worse that could happen... "Uh, no?" :P

aduffbrew you are right. You have to contact adobe customer service and ask for a crossgrade.

Off of Apple Insider forums:

You can cross-grade, I've done it recently. You call Adobe directly and it costs about $5 for shipping the Mac formated media. They email you a form to fill out and either scan and email, fax, or mail back saying that you will destroy the Win version upon acceptance of the Mac version. From the phone call to reception of the package (complete Mac full version retail) was about 5 business days. Granted I scanned the form and emailed it as a PDF to shave some time, but it was a great service non the less.