Help me with OSx86 installation

VyperX

10 posts in this topic

I am trying to install mac os x version Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3.zip] everything is ok except for something: when i am trying to install, in the step of choosing in what hard drive i want to install macc os x, i cant select anything because it doesnt appear my hard drive, can someone help me please?

Thanks.

Come on answer, I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4767, 2gb RAM, 250 hard drive, AMD turion 64x2 2.20 GHZ, Windows vista Ultimate, I just have that problem with osx86 project, that i cant select a location to install it becase it doesnt appear my hard drive in disc>utilities.

Answer,

Thanks.

You can use my long ways to make it work:

1. Use any partition tool to partition your planning of OSx86 to "logical FAT 32" (I use acronis in Hirrent boot)

2. Before install OSx86 erase the partition to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) you just created by disk utility. as the install guide.

3. Now using partition tool to convert it to "Primary", this process will take a long time it depend on your size of partition.

4. set it active, now it shoul be boot as Mac OSx86 as default OS.

You should find space on your drive to create a primary partition, before any extended partition if there's any; you don't really have to make it a logical first.

(As stated above, make that partition fat32, or type 0xaf if possible (eg with Acronis Disk Director). Later, if that partition is seen by diskutility from the OSX install dvd, you should be able to Erase it with HFS+ format.)

To dual boot with Vista, there are some guides in the Tutorial (GeniusBar); eg devilhood's.

I recommend you ask further questions there, if you can't find an answer through searching the forum.

Also consult the OSx86 wiki to see if there's been success with hardware similar to yours.

For AMD systems, the 'tubgirl' releases (10.4.8, 10.4.9, 10.4.10) are also good (since its maker's system is amd, so optimized for it).

Good luck.

I am trying to install mac os x version Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3.zip] everything is ok except for something: when i am trying to install, in the step of choosing in what hard drive i want to install macc os x, i cant select anything because it doesnt appear my hard drive, can someone help me please?

Thanks.

You may have to use a sata-usb converter on your hdd