Iam sorry iam a noob but chould someone the me if osx 86 will work on my pc?

V4r

8 posts in this topic

My specs are this

Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 3500+ Processor

64-bit Processor with AMD64 Technology

(512KB L2 Cache, 2.2GHz, 2000MHz FSB) Chipset: ATI RS482 chipset Memory: 1024MB DDR (2 × 512MB) RAM, 400MHz Dual Channel

Expandable to 4GB Hard Drive: 200GB HDD (7200rpm, 2MB cache) Optical Drive: 16x DVD±RW multiformat double layer drive Media Reader: 8-in-1 digital media manager (Secure Digital™ (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card, USB 2.0) Video: ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 (PCI-Express® )

Up to 128MB DDR shared video memory Sound: AC '97 Audio, Dolby 5.1 (6-Channel) Network: Integrated 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN Modem: 56K ITU V.92-ready Fax/Modem Peripherals: Premium multimedia dual-language keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers Ports/Other: 7 USB 2.0 Ports (2 in front, 1 in Media Reader, 4 in back), 2 IEEE 1394, 1 VGA External Connector, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio ports (2 in front, 3 in back) Dimensions: 14.25"H x 7.25"W x 16"D Weight: 23 lbs (PC only, no packaging)

My specs are this

Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 3500+ Processor

64-bit Processor with AMD64 Technology

(512KB L2 Cache, 2.2GHz, 2000MHz FSB) Chipset: ATI RS482 chipset Memory: 1024MB DDR (2 × 512MB) RAM, 400MHz Dual Channel

Expandable to 4GB Hard Drive: 200GB HDD (7200rpm, 2MB cache) Optical Drive: 16x DVD±RW multiformat double layer drive Media Reader: 8-in-1 digital media manager (Secure Digital™ (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card, USB 2.0) Video: ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 (PCI-Express® )

Up to 128MB DDR shared video memory Sound: AC '97 Audio, Dolby 5.1 (6-Channel) Network: Integrated 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN Modem: 56K ITU V.92-ready Fax/Modem Peripherals: Premium multimedia dual-language keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers Ports/Other: 7 USB 2.0 Ports (2 in front, 1 in Media Reader, 4 in back), 2 IEEE 1394, 1 VGA External Connector, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio ports (2 in front, 3 in back) Dimensions: 14.25"H x 7.25"W x 16"D Weight: 23 lbs (PC only, no packaging)

. . noob or not; you'll have to gather up the energy to do some research; either in these forums [using the convenient 'search' function to the upper LH of the page] or in the wiki

If you really are a complete noob; very strongly suggest you buy a second HDD to install OSX onto, & that you use an AMD-specific install DVD, such as 'Uphuck 1.4a'

shoarthing,

You seem like a complete n00b yourself :P Uphuck 1.4a is Intel Only, not AMD. Wow...and you go calling other people n00bs. Its an honest mistake, one that anyone could make but making the mistake and meanwhile calling someone else a n00b.

Here is your badge:

certifiednoobvd6.jpg

Don't take it personally

Sorry, I just don't like it when people that are noobs themselves go around like meanies and call other people that...:help:

shoarthing,

You seem like a complete n00b yourself :PUphuck 1.4a is Intel Only, not AMD. Wow...and you go calling other people n00bs. Its an honest mistake, one that anyone could make but making the mistake and meanwhile calling someone else a n00b.

Here is your badge:

certifiednoobvd6.jpg

Don't take it personally

Sorry, I just don't like it when people that are noobs themselves go around like meanies and call other people that...:)

[emphasis in quote is mine]
  1. shoarthing's use of noob was a conditional: "If you really are a complete noob...". So unless he edited his post after your comment, I don't see where he erred. After all, the OP did use the word noob in the post title.
  2. shoarthing's suggestion that a new hackintosh prospect search the InsanelyMac forum and the OSx86 wiki is quite appropriate: it gives the right tools to a newcomer from the start. So many of the answers are already there... heck, people could even use pcwiz search utility :)
    Of course one can also spoon feed the newcomer, which could turn out to be mistaken information anway (see next point).
  3. Uphuck 1.4a is especially for AMD: http://uphuck.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
    It's the 1.4i/ix which are intel-specific ('i' for intel, 'a' for amd).
    It's not because shoarthing has less posts than you that he is less knowledgeable, especially concerning AMD systems.
    That you are on Intel can excuse (to some limit) your ignorance concerning this, but you should think twice before calling someone a meanie.

[emphasis in quote is mine]
  1. shoarthing's use of noob was a conditional: "If you really are a complete noob...". So unless he edited his post after your comment, I don't see where he erred. After all, the OP did use the word noob in the post title.
  2. shoarthing's suggestion that a new hackintosh prospect search the InsanelyMac forum and the OSx86 wiki is quite appropriate: it gives the right tools to a newcomer from the start. So many of the answers are already there... heck, people could even use pcwiz search utility B)
    Of course one can also spoon feed the newcomer, which could turn out to be mistaken information anway (see next point).
  3. Uphuck 1.4a is especially for AMD: http://uphuck.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
    It's the 1.4i/ix which are intel-specific ('i' for intel, 'a' for amd).
    It's not because shoarthing has less posts than you that he is less knowledgeable, especially concerning AMD systems.
    That you are on Intel can excuse (to some limit) your ignorance concerning this, but you should think twice before calling someone a meanie.

cbmkgd - Hi:

1: no, I didn't edit my post after the pompous comments from 'pcwiz'

. . . & since my Applehack experience goes back to & beyond hacking the AppleII 'Hi-Speed' SCSI-host to give the damn thing termpower (ie waaaay over 20 years) I don't mind being called a noob (OP's spelling).

2: As you say; where OP is honest/self-deprecating enough to describe themselves as a noob, it is a convention among experienced users to empower them with focused linkage.

3: 'nuff said ;)

I am sincerely sorry. I hope you accept my apologies. I thought Uphuck 1.4a as specified on Uphucks site but it seems there is an AMD release. I was being a n00b.

Sorry for the mistake

pcwiz :)

EDIT: Sorry for calling you meanie...just thought you were a wee bit harsh with V4r

I am sincerely sorry. I hope you accept my apologies. I thought Uphuck 1.4a as specified on Uphucks site but it seems there is an AMD release. I was being a n00b.

Sorry for the mistake

pcwiz :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sorry for calling you meanie...just thought you were a wee bit harsh with V4r

. . yes, of course I accept your apologies for the name-calling, & was amused by the self-important pomposity of the way you did it; so there's no offence taken.

Just to be clear here - if OP hasn't been frightened away by all this malarkey: it is a matter of fact (not an opinion or something that 'seems') that there is an Uphuck DVD version "1.4a" specifically built for OSX86 10.4.9 installation to AMD systems.

. . [edit] there are of course other AMD-specific releases, notably those by 'Tubgirl'