Airport went crazy!

jMac

2 posts in this topic

running tubgirl AMD Test 1 DVD, runs perfect *knocks on wood*, installed wireless card, used atheros driver, worked PERFECTLY for months. Today, i get home and i try to go online, nothing on my hackintosh or notebook. So i though maybe my isp is having problems, go into the garage finish working on the brakes. come back, still nothing. i cook dinner, go back, nothing. I run the network assist, even though i entered in all the information correctly manually, it was a just to see.

I reset the router/modem, the notebook connects but my hack box doesnt. now i enter in the WPA password correctly, but it says it has a problem connecting, i retry several times with no luck. As i'm doing this i notice my system slowing down. i restart and everything works, except now my airport process is running at >85% (on an amd64 3200+ clocked to 2.4ghz) and is eating more than 1gb of ram. wtf? does anyone know why and how to fix this? i've restarted and shutdown the system several times with no luck

Edit: Fixed it, just opened activity monitor, highlighted airport process, killed it, then went back and started it up again, reconnected, she's back to normal. But what i did notice while doing this, while i was entering in the WPA password, the name of the network scrolled across the top next to the airport icon, does anyone know of a way to keep it scrolling the whole time its connected?

does anyone know of a way to keep it scrolling the whole time its connected?

Yeah that seems pretty BAMF enough to want to keep it going all the time, but I asked on the Apple forums and they said no it wasn't possible which means that somehow you can do it terminal but they don't wanna get sued.