[HELP]Installed Natit, now black screen

SriSri

6 posts in this topic

I installed Natit for my Nvidia GeForce GO FX5200. I rebooted and now all I see is a black screen. What the heck do I do now?

Watching the boot, the gray screen with the Apple logo and the "gear" came up, then it went black, then a quick blue rectangle in the middle of the screen, and then its black now.

If you have Windows, boot Windows and install MacDrive on it. Then using MacDrive on Windows you can view and modify OS X partitions. Open your OS X partition in Windows and navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/. Then delete the kext(s) that begin with natit. Reboot back into OS X and it should boot.

OK, will do. What can I do to get the correct graphics drivers then? I have an NVIDIA GeForce GO FX5200. The max resolution is 1900x1200, but on the default installation without the NV40 driver on the disc I'm stuck at 1024x768. If I install the NV40 driver on the disc, I can't boot into OS X. Safe boot doesn't work either.

Not sure if you're having the same problem, but I was having the same issue.

I think the Natit I was using was for dual screen - and I was getting a black screen result.

I switched to the most recent Titan driver, inserted the Vendor ID and fixed permissions and I've been going great ever since

• 1 month later...
I switched to the most recent Titan driver, inserted the Vendor ID and fixed permissions and I've been going great ever since

andrew h: where would I be able to find the Vendor ID for my card, and how(where) would I insert it in the Titan kext? Thanks!