To know before installing OSx86

Redliner

11 posts in this topic

I am new to this forum and am a longstanding PC user...since I was 7 years old I have been stuck with Windows...I can fix anything and evrything that can happen, but i have never really gotten into modding and crossflashing and hacking. Now here's my question:

I have a Pentium4 PC running Windows XP...I want to install mac 10.4.9 on it...what do I need to secure (drivers, updates, kernels, etc...) and what do I need to know?

Hardware:

HP Compaq D530C

Pentium 4 2.8

512mb ram (will need to be upgraded)

40gb Maxtor IDE HD (will need to be upgraded)

Nvidia Gforce 6200 128mb ram (?AGP?)

HP DVD 940 (needs to be cross-flashed to allow DVD+R disc after 2004)

Standard CD-ROM drive

Standard floppy drive

So yeah what kind of info do I need before trying to install? I mean what do I need to look for? Chip set types, etc..?

is their a list of acceptable sets? what kind of thing do I need to make my bios compatible, etc..?

I really appreciate it.

kobel4k3rr5, that's nice...sorry wrong thread.

Ok I was reading the wiki, but it didn't seem to inclusive for my pc...though I did find my particular PC worked fine...I guess I should go it alone...thanks though.

so these guys are too stuck up that they figured it out or is it that I am trying to cheat the system and they who have Mac hardware/computers are elitests? or is it that no one actually knows and I joined the wrong forum?

not trying to offend but I am trying to learn and I need help.

Yeah man i know what you mean it seems like no one wants to help anyone else in these forums, like once someone gets there rig working they forget about everyone else (not saying that everyone is like that) Well i would be more then happy to help you out man, First things first u need to get a disk partitioning software I used Partition Magic 8. The Next thing is look for a patched OSx86 disk most popular is Jas 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 and Uphuck 1.4 I believe. Your configuration is very similar to mine and by the looks of it OSx86 should work without a problem the only thing I'm not sure about is sound. You can contact me and if you have any questions ok. Have a good one man. :P

thanks for the replies...I don't plan on dissing anyone...I want to learn to help...I will do some research...and then give an update...I may end up loading it on a laptop... but right now I am really busy...so no guarantees on how soon, especially with the Apple Insomnia Film Festival!!!

I am avoiding dual booting... but I may swap out hard drives...

thanks again!!!