Kalyway 9A527 on VMware.

GFOnyX

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

I own 2 pc's,unfortunatley both with AMD cpu and nforce4 chipset, so native installation isn't working for me.I recently got my hands on Kalyway's 10.5 leopard 9A527 image which is for intel processors only,but i am hearing that some people got it working on AMD's.My question is if it's possible to install Kalyway's iso on VMware on a pc that has AMD cpu?If yes,is there a guide somewhere?

I tried installing it via vmware and even though installation is successfull i get a kernel panic after rebooting for the first time.

Unless if you try nothing is possible.

Read my 1st post.I already tried .So if anyone here knows at leasdt if leopard can be installed in vmware i would be greatfull and even more if he knows how it's done.All i am looking for is an answer:

1)Yes it can be done or

2)No,dont waste your time trying to install it on vmware.

of course i am not hoping for the 3rd answer which is

3)YES,it can be done and here's how

but at lease tell me if i am wasting my time

• 5 months later...

I've been trying to install the Kalyway 10.5.1 on VMWare and so far have been unsuccessful.

Using verbose mode I can see that it keeps generating errors because it can't write to the disk. If you don't use verbose mode, it will boot to the apple logo and then eventually add a small image of a circle with a line through it (like a no smoking sign), and just hang there infinitely.

I haven't found any guides on installing 10.5 on vmware, just a few on installing 10.4.X -- which don't work with the Kalyway 10.5.1 (from what I've tried).

For other guides, you can look around in here, or google osx86 wiki guide, your first hit is a winner.

I've been trying to install the Kalyway 10.5.1 on VMWare and so far have been unsuccessful.

Using verbose mode I can see that it keeps generating errors because it can't write to the disk. If you don't use verbose mode, it will boot to the apple logo and then eventually add a small image of a circle with a line through it (like a no smoking sign), and just hang there infinitely.

I haven't found any guides on installing 10.5 on vmware, just a few on installing 10.4.X -- which don't work with the Kalyway 10.5.1 (from what I've tried).

For other guides, you can look around in here, or google osx86 wiki guide, your first hit is a winner.

Something useful: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=95958&st=0

• 1 year later...

you can install Kalyway on VM ware workstation you just have to have a mobo and processor able to do VT, and only use single core setting.

If you get the error that hardware virtualization is disabled then reboot pc and go into bios and goto security and enable it. after you enable it you must shut down pc for 15 seconds just saving settings and letting auto reboot will not work, you will get same error and then the kalyway install cd will either give you grey screen with mouse or you will get stuck at wallpaper with spinning logo.

• 2 months later...
Read my 1st post.I already tried .So if anyone here knows at leasdt if leopard can be installed in vmware i would be greatfull and even more if he knows how it's done.All i am looking for is an answer:

1)Yes it can be done or

2)No,dont waste your time trying to install it on vmware.

of course i am not hoping for the 3rd answer which is

3)YES,it can be done and here's how

but at lease tell me if i am wasting my time

1 It can be done and has been done! You are not wasting you're time>

1 It can be done and has been done! You are not wasting you're time>

Prove It! As far as I know, it is not possible. There are disc images available only for virtual machines, floating here and there in file sharing networks. i tried even those, but no result at all. All the tutorials are proved to be a failure to me, either in virtual machine, or in a physical machine. My question is whether it is really possible to install mac in a pc, or it is a practical joke to engage people to chase a red herring ?

• 2 months later...