Nvidia Graphics Cards out of the box

30 posts in this topic

For high end, the 8800 now has support. Not the greatest, but it works. Or, you can go with a 7900.

when you say 'not the greatest' do you mean not everything works in OSX, or did do yo umean - comparing to other high end cards??

can you play BF2 or like Ghost recon on high settings or any other more graphics demanding games?

can you play BF2 or like Ghost recon on high settings or any other more graphics demanding games?

I am not much of a gamer, but I suppose a 7900GT should be more than enough.

I am presuming that because friends of mine are satisfied with cards which are lower end than the 7900GT.

when you say 'not the greatest' do you mean not everything works in OSX, or did do yo umean - comparing to other high end cards??

People have gotten it working with full accelleration, but the drivers are still slow. Even so, it still runs any game really well at high settings. Just not as well as windows.

I am putting 700 dollars away for a decent card and I am thinking that I just have to wait until a full support of high end models will be released.

I wonder if anyone is working on those high end cards like workstation cards PNY Quadro Series or ATI fireGL series (not the mobile editions) or cards that have over 640MB of RAM and above.