• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
zfire89

G4 Case Converted to Mactel

22 posts in this topic

Today and yesterday i modded a g4 case to fit my Asrock P4Dual-915GL board, almost every thing worked except my cdrom wont fit because it hits the second ram stick when closed so i either need to find a shorter cd rom drive(which is not likely because the one i have is really short already) or trade my two 512mb sticks for one 1gb stick therefor not having a second stick in will allow the cd drive to fit, and i have to rewire the power button, restart button, and the power LED but other than that all went smooth and looks great.

I will post pics soon

Today and yesterday i modded a g4 case to fit my Asrock P4Dual-915GL board, almost every thing worked except my cdrom wont fit because it hits the second ram stick when closed so i either need to find a shorter cd rom drive(which is not likely because the one i have is really short already) or trade my two 512mb sticks for one 1gb stick therefor not having a second stick in will allow the cd drive to fit, and i have to rewire the power button, restart button, and the power LED but other than that all went smooth and looks great.

I will post pics soon

Picture???

Is the Fan from the CPU not to big??

it was very close but theres a bout a 2 centimeter gap between the cpu fan and the power supply, and i have great temps

pics will be up tomarrow im waiting to use a friend digital camera

it was very close but theres a bout a 2 centimeter gap between the cpu fan and the power supply, and i have great temps

pics will be up tomarrow im waiting to use a friend digital camera

I am very much interested!

:angry:

Yea but if you look in the guide it says nothing about fitting a dvd/cd drive in it

and your pictures??

im still waiting for my friends camera because all i have is a camera phone and i dont think that would work for pictures lol, ill TRY to get his camera tonight

im still waiting for my friends camera because all i have is a camera phone and i dont think that would work for pictures lol, ill TRY to get his camera tonight

Picture.... Picture... Picture.... :)

here is a outside pic

1001532small9df.th.jpg

i will have the internal pics in a few hours I PROMISE

Internal Picture???

Pictures from the rear?

:D

I got an empty G4 case to do the same thing.

Does the case door shut properly when there is only one memory stick installed?

Do you think a laptop CD/DVD drive might be a useful alternative?

I thought about using an external USB DVD drive, but it kinda defeats the purpose a bit.

Cheers,

A30Guy

http://www.rosebay.tased.edu.au/camera.htm

It works fine with one stick of ram but i myself cant fit two in unless i take out my dvd drive.

Have you now picture?

how did you fasten the mobo?

The person im borrowing the camera from keeps forgeting to bring it over

And my motherboard is fastened down on custom mounts I made.

I have the same Mobo,

i can´t use of both ram!

dvd drive assembly obstructs both RAM :angel:

i need external dvd drive... :D

i noticed there are longer dvd drives and shorter ones i happen to have a shorter one so i lucked out.

if you would like to know what one i have its SONY DVD RW DRU-710A and my vendor is supported and i can burn with out that patchburn app.

If there are anymore request for pics in any other areas or angles let me know now before I have to take the camera back to my friend.

how do you start mac?

how are the cables attached?

/edit: 16.02.06 - Here is my "G4" MacOSx86 Workstation :hysterical: It´s in german, i speak a little bit english :/