New Updates for iPhone and iWork

Numberzz

6 posts in this topic

Today, Apple released updates for iPhone and iWork. The iWork updates were all bug fixes, while the iPhone update provided some much needed features. Most wanted was the iTunes Wi-Fi music store. Here is the list of all the new features, courtesy of MacRumors.com

-iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store

- Louder speakerphone and receiver volume

- Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls

- Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space

- Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape

- Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered

- Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar

- Support for TV Out

- Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally

- New Passcode lock time intervals

- Adjustable alert volume

This update has broken all applications installed by Installer.app. All installed applications were deleted when the update was applied. Do not update your phone if you have unlocked it.

Here is a list of what will happen to your iPhone, courtesy of Engadget.com

- The update will work ok in iPhones with no modification.

- The update will work ok in iPhones with Installer.app (although it gets wiped out. The apps seem to remain in the iPhone, but they won't appear in your screen.)

- The update will work ok in unlocked iPhones, but it will return your iPhone to the activation screen. From there, no activation is possible. The iPhone doesn't get bricked but, if you want to keep using it, don't update your iPhone.

- This has been confirmed with both anySIM and iPhone Sim Free.

- "Third-party applications won't work after the update" (confirmed by Dev Team.)

- "Firmware 1.1.1. relocks iPhone properly"

Wow, now I can use my Composite AV Cable with the iPhone. I hope they include support for Component video out (I heard somewhere that there was support for component out on the iPhone).

Glad they also made the speaker phone louder. Period shortcut was a very nice touch.

iTunes WiFi Music Store should have been extended for use with the EDGE Network; although, there could have been some limitations to it that I don't know about it.