Idea: For Apple Software Update

~pcwiz

56 posts in this topic

Oh, in that case there isn't a hacked OS X server for hackintosh but I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard.

The "server" packages can be installed on top of vanilla os X to convert it into server. I had it set up on my hacky (back in .6 -I think) it's no problem there's no new kernel or anything. There was a download on Junkie before that site went down due to internal ructions. Even if you do set up in "Vanuatu" (having worked there I think you'll find it difficult), someone will still have to pay for the server space etc. I really doubt it would take Apple Legal long to track the culprit down. But power to you if you wish to try, seems like a lot of effort to go to for the minor inconvenience that you are trying to address.

It does seem like a lot of trouble now that you think of it that way, with all the legal stuff and whatnot. Matt Frusciante, if you want you can try it but for now I consider this project...not dead...but SUSPENDED.

The "server" packages can be installed on top of vanilla os X to convert it into server. I had it set up on my hacky (back in .6 -I think) it's no problem there's no new kernel or anything. There was a download on Junkie before that site went down due to internal ructions. Even if you do set up in "Vanuatu" (having worked there I think you'll find it difficult), someone will still have to pay for the server space etc. I really doubt it would take Apple Legal long to track the culprit down. But power to you if you wish to try, seems like a lot of effort to go to for the minor inconvenience that you are trying to address.

I may be wrong... but can't you just copy /Applications/Server over to the Intel machine (assuming the software runs without modification of course)? I was under the impression that the rest of the OS was pretty much identical. If you want full Apache support with PHP etc - there's OpenSource Mac Installers for that (again, making the big assumption that it will install and run without modification).