Onboard Wireless Support?

robriderOnMyspace

8 posts in this topic

the on board wireless apears to be using the RealTek 8187 wireless 802.11g...

under win xp it apears as a usb device, but its built into my board.

anyone have any suggestions how to get airport to recognize it?

if not that how about a USB Linksys WUSB54G fix?

..not having the internet is killing my macing expierence ::sigh:: :)

You most likely need those official drivers:

ftp://209.216.61.149/cn/wlan/MacOS10.4_Universal_Driver_1.4.5_UI1.4.7.zip

or this in case of using OSX 10.3:

ftp://61.56.69.18/cn/wlan/Realtek_MacOS10.3_Driver1.4.5_UI1.4.7.zip

Make sure you've read the instructions as the configuration is a bit problematic. Good luck :(

you are f :censored2:ucking awsome! you made my day. i am now 100% as far as i can tell.. its talkin a little getting use to the OS but not bad i had it all up and running in about 3 days. now i might look for ways to speed up my pc.....i dont know if its normal but the gray apple screen hangs there for about a min or 2 befor the rest of the boot process. xp seems to boot right up. i dont know if thats normal or if i should look into other kernals?

any suggestiosn are welcome.....thank you again to the enitre board for all help. :D

Hey Robrider

Does the SIL 3132 SATA onboard work outa the box. I'm planning on upgrading my recent ASUS M2N-E board .Thats a real bonus as the WI-FI will work as well. !

According to my research

Asus m2n-e board has a Nforce sata controller = no proper driver

Asus m2n-e SLI version has the JB Micron sata controller = has a driver.

Asus m2n32-sli-deluxe has the SIL 3132 sata controller = has a quality Driver.

@Robrider - glad i could help. about the gray apple logo: i think that you boot in standard mode. in verbose mode you don't see it, but instead you have a console which writes messages about booting/errors/issues/etc. i also get a slightly longer boot than to windows xp but then again, both systems work flawlessly after :D

@Slip - check out this thread on nForce drivers: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35985

Hey RobriderDoes the SIL 3132 SATA onboard work outa the box. I'm planning on upgrading my recent ASUS M2N-E board .Thats a real bonus as the WI-FI will work as well. ! According to my research Asus m2n-e board has a Nforce sata controller = no proper driverAsus m2n-e SLI version has the JB Micron sata controller = has a driver.Asus m2n32-sli-deluxe has the SIL 3132 sata controller = has a quality Driver.
ill be honest..after reading the board sata hard drives seemed liek a pain in the ass....i said f it and i left my sata2 320 gig to xp....i used a pata 120 and gave it to apple....the only bumb i had in the begining of it was after the install...kept getting ebios errors... so i made it a master in the ide and made my dvdrw the salve, and the thing went right to install. i know that dosnt really answer your sata question....it might have just been easier to tell you i dont know ;-)
@Robrider - glad i could help. about the gray apple logo: i think that you boot in standard mode. in verbose mode you don't see it, but instead you have a console which writes messages about booting/errors/issues/etc. i also get a slightly longer boot than to windows xp but then again, both systems work flawlessly after ;)@Slip - check out this thread on nForce drivers: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35985
i might try that out. would eliminating *.kext's that arent used and or problemsome, make the boot time quicker?

I should be able to test the MOBO Sata tonight. !

The M2N-E only has one ATA the Generic driver and 2 devices ( DVD/ HD ) on one cable - installing Garageband loops from DVD example is slow. Also my Xbench score got hammered with Disk IO performance. I get 7 diskarb errors while booting adds about 20secs . With Tubgirl 10.4.10 default boot is verbose .

Cheers.

M2N32-SLI Deluxe

SATA works outa the box.

Heres the hard part you have to use the sil 3132 connection at the top/rear of the MOBO, and set the SATA controller to sata mode in the bios.

Guess sometimes you just have to look at the manual.