HElp! Ati Sapphire Radeon x1600Pro 256Mb Pci-E (0x71c2) no QE/CI

7 posts in this topic

Hi People! I so tired of this problem, i dont remember how many nights i spent on this but nothing worked.

I tell you my problem:

I got this GFX:

Radeon X1600Pro:

Modelo de chipset: Radeon X1600Pro

Tipo: Pantalla

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (total): 256 MB

Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)

ID del dispositivo: 0x71c2

ID de la revisión: 0x0000

Pantallas:

VG1921wm:

Resolución: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Incompatible

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Quartz Extreme: Incompatible

Pantalla:

Estado: No hay ninguna pantalla conectada

and you can see, it isnt workin QE/CI I try all this things:

Atix1x00PCI.kext (jass installer)

NAtit.kext

Titan.kext (jass installer)

and Diabolik.

Diabolik Was the only one that didnt make kernel panic on my pc.

then i modify the atiradeonx1000.kext/info.plist and put my id 0x71c2 in IOPCIPrimarymatch

and no kernel panic, but also no QE/CI

Then i modify ATiRadeonx1000GA.kext/info.plist and the 2 strings an put my id leaving like this : string 10027162 ............

and nothing happened too.

I dont know what to do.

if someone has an idea please help me!

Thanks for all- and i know: a Dog speak better english than me. sory for this, i speak spanish..

Vete aqui Web de Diabolik y vete a la sección de ATI, bájate el installer para la 1600.

Una vez hecho esto comprueba si tu ID está ya en el fichero atiradeonx1000.kext/info.plist, si no lo está añádelo. Repara permisos y reinicia. No estaría mal que renombraras cualquier Titan o driver que no sea este antes de instalarlo.

Vete aqui Web de Diabolik y vete a la sección de ATI, bájate el installer para la 1600.

Una vez hecho esto comprueba si tu ID está ya en el fichero atiradeonx1000.kext/info.plist, si no lo está añádelo. Repara permisos y reinicia. No estaría mal que renombraras cualquier Titan o driver que no sea este antes de instalarlo.

Gracias lo voy a probar, pero yo el instalador de diabolik ya lo instale y no cambio en nada, y puse mi id en el iopcimach como 0x71c2 pero no paso nada, e hize lo mismo en el ATix1600ga en ese sector lleno de numeros de los cuales son dos strings q s ele debe modificar en el principio y sigo sin QE CI.

yo lopruebo de nuevo y te digo como me fue. desde ya gracias! fuiste el unico amable en responderme!

Mil gracias

MAtt

Malas noticias, no el instalador no funcionó, lo intente todo, lo unico q no intente fue instalarlo antes de instalar los updates... sera q solo funciona con 10.4.8? porq yo tengo ahora la 10.4.10...

bueno si tenes alguna otra idea, o alguien sabe algo please! necesito una manooo!!!

Gracias

Matt

Malas noticias, no el instalador no funcionó, lo intente todo, lo unico q no intente fue instalarlo antes de instalar los updates... sera q solo funciona con 10.4.8? porq yo tengo ahora la 10.4.10...

bueno si tenes alguna otra idea, o alguien sabe algo please! necesito una manooo!!!

Gracias

Matt

Porfin lo logre!!!!!!!!!!!! tengo QE CI !!!!

les dejo aca como lo consegui!!

have resolved this problem: while no one posted any info, there were quite a few views on this post, so I am sharing my experience in the hope that it helps others.

After trying a lot of permutations and combinations, I still was not able to make it work on 10.4.8 or 10.4.9 [JaS, Semthex 8.8.1 or 8.9.1 kernels) What worked for me is 10.4.10 (8.10.1 kernel). This is the process I followed:

1. Install from scratch using MacOS 10.4.8 JaS SSE2/SSE3/PPF1

- Install the base/core packages and any add-ons you want (like X Server, or languages)

- Do *not* install Natit, Titan, or any patches at this time

- Do not install any fixes (LogonWindow, etc) unless you need them for any other reason (i.e you have other non-related problems)

2. Once you have created an admin user and logged in, do the following so that you can recover in case something goes wrong:

- Drop into terminal

- sudo su - (or su -, or some other way to use the shell as root)

- mkdir /Backups (Note: Use upper case Backups and put the trailing 's'. Later on, the Koolall installer will create another folder called backup)

- cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /Backups/Extensions_10.4.8

3. Upgrade to 10.4.10: I used the KoolKal installer here: Link

- Things to be careful of, while using KoolKal:

- Select the following:

- MacOSX 10.4.10 Combo Intel Only

- Kernel 8.10.1 SSE3 [if you have an SSE2 only CPU, you might be out of luck: this needs the 8.10.1 kernel)

- Do *not* select 8.9.1 kernel

- Patches and drivers: Do *not* select Natit here: doing that might give you a frozen blue screen. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

- Select any networking, SATA/ATA and/or audio drivers you need. However, if you have custom drivers (I have ALC882 audio) then you are better off not selecting any, for they might stop working. I had to go back to 10.4.8 AppleHDA to get audio back again.

- Read/Write NTFS support: You might select that if you want: it caused minor disk corruption for me, but nothing chkdsk in windows couldn't fix

- Hit the install button, and pray!

- Reboot the system when prompted to do so

- WARNING: The first time the system reboots, it might not go into the graphics login screen at all: you might see diskarb timeout errors and the system might reboot without letting you log in. This is okay for the first time. However, if this keeps on happening repeatedly, then you got a problem.

- After the first time diskarb error reboot, you should be able to log into the system.

- Select "Blue Apple"-->About this Mac to confirm that 10.4.10 is successfully installed.

4. Install Natit: Use Diabolik for X1600 here: Link

- Do *not* install the Stock 10.4.9 ATI kexts

- Install everything else: NatitX1600 kext, 10.4.5 ATINDRV and 10.4.7 IONDRVSupport

- Drop into Terminal

- sudo su - (or any other way to be root in the terminal)

- vi /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist (You can use nano, pico, or any other editor if you are not comfortable with vi)

- Find the key IOPCIMatch

- Add the following : "0x71C21002" to the list contained between <string> and </string> right below the IOPCIMatch line. Make sure you add a space before and after the 0x71C21002 string

- Save the file and exit the editor

- cd /System/Library/Extensions

- chmod -R 755 *

- chown -R root:wheel *

- diskutil repairPermissions /

- Reboot

Now, you should have full working QE/CI that does not freeze!

Please let me know (by posting here) if this worked for you.

GRacias ACerbix!! you post save me!!

Entonces el truco era no instalar el "10.4.9 ATI kexts"??? Curioso, te iba sugerir que instalaras el AGPgart 2.2 porque a veces lo hace funcionar. Bueno pues al menos ya se te ha solucionado.

si, nunca pense q me iba a dar tanto problema esta placa, de hecho cambie mi 7300gs q no la pude configurar nunca por esta pensando q iba a ser mas facil. Bueno por fin ya esta asique gracias igual por la ayuda!. cualquier problema q tengas mandame un pm, quizas algo se me ocurra, porq ya la haya pasado, o por tirar una idea..

SAludos y GRacias

Tema cerrado