nOOb needs help from the vets

Viper-1

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, while it's not my first time here it is my first time posting and I have spent time looking for answers to whether or not I should install mac on my laptop. I have an acer 4400 wLMI. It's an ATI chipset with a x700 video card, 2 gigs ddr ram a 120 gig hd, ac97 codec (realtek 655), realtek 8169/8110 gb ethernet, broadcom 43XX 802.11 g wifi, Texas Instruments firewire, 4 USB ports, Texas Instruments PCMCIA controller, TSST dvdrw. So is this doable?. If I'm correct the ethernet, Video, sound, pata hd should all work. The only thing I'm fuzzy on is the wifi and the chipset. My proc is a single

core turion. Any advice or help would be awesome. Great community site btw.

Thanks,

Viper

Why are you asking if you should install OS X? Thats your decision. Do you even want OS X? Do you know what OS X is? (Sorry about that). Just go ahead and install..you have nothing to lose by doing it. If you get errors and have problems, thats what we're here for.

you guys are supposed to hekp, not be arogent {censored}. and to answer your question, no you shouldnt put OS X on your comp because the broadcom wifi will not work no matter what.

Depending on his/her reason for wanting OSX, urging someone not to try because one component might not work isn't very good advice. When I first started playing with this, almost a year before I made my first post on this forum, it was on a system that didn't have qe/ci and suffered from the dreaded mouse tearing and the occasional lockup. But at that time, my main concern was just to experiment with the OS to see if it was worth it to buy a new Mac Pro (which I did in December) with the advent of the Intel Macs.