ALC861-VD (0x10ec0862) working

MadTux

81 posts in this topic

This is a new kext, based on 268test kext. Please post a result.

Again big thx to great Taruga.

MadTux, As I told you on PM, it is working with some exceptions: Mic is present, but nothing coming from microfon. Output is perfect. Can you tell me what is the situation with you? And probably some hint will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MadTux, As I told you on PM, it is working with some exceptions: Mic is present, but nothing coming from microfon. Output is perfect. Can you tell me what is the situation with you? And probably some hint will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
problem is that your codec dump is even worse than mine, I will try to find a better codec dump with more information.And about mic, it is for external one, and it works for me. I will try to put both mic.

I will build latest alsa from source on gentoo to get a good codec dump, and than we will know where are we standing

They deleted my post from AppleHDA, I didn't know that we can't post there, so I will put the kext here.

new0862.zip

It should give you IntSpeakers and Headphones, and external mic on laptop.

Please post the results here!

For noobs:

1. Download kexts, drag them to extensions folder. (this is not for a patcher, just copy and paste files)

2.And repair permissions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

3.Restart

Sound should come from speakers, and when you plug the headphones it should switch automaticly

im total noob! i have a AD1986A!

its will work on my machine? if yes! how to do the

2.And repair permissions

im total noob! i have a AD1986A!

its will work on my machine? if yes! how to do the

2.And repair permissions

No...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks. It works with my Lenovo Y400 :) except that the volume cannot be adjusted. Nevertheless it is better than nothing. :P

Hi southp, do you hear any click sound from the speaker occasionally? i can hear a click sound from the speakers every 5 minutes..

• 2 weeks later...

I already installed the kalyway 10.5.1 and selected the azalia out checkbox and sound worked for me pretty well, but does not detect any changes when i plug in headphones, mic not tested, and is not displayed in the audio input panel from preferences pane.

I DIDN'T PATCHED THE INSTALLED SYSTEM, i just used the azalia out choice in the installer dvd, this is possible because i patched the BIOS with the Winphlash App downloaded from Lenovo WEbsite and selected the ADI file for update.

Do not try this update if you dont know what you're going to do or you can damage your hardware!! please be careful. its consecuences is an USB issue that interrups its power due to this patching, and it happens when you type in the keyboard. So i guess is related to this problem too the LAN device, as well the WIFI Intel 3945 abg device.

:P please, I DO NEED backup of the BIOS file (.BAK) created by winphlash to restore my system to the previously state (Old BIOS with Realtek Device Config).

If you have a LEnovo 3000 c200 family laptop please do not patch the bios with the ADI file if you are not sure what are you doing, and please, use the winphlash program to ONLY BACKUP your BIOS and send me (if you can, (please!!!: :help: ) to try to restore my system.

YES, I TRIED TO REFLASH THE BIOS WITH THE REALTEK FILE PROVIDED BY LENOVO AND IT GAVE ME AN -200 ERROR CODE, (just because the sys file that manage the flashing is Virtually disconnected from the hardware (due the USB PROBLEM) and it stops and gave me a BSOD)

this is the log (at the point starting flash the BIOS)

Calling driver to BEGIN flash
--- Log started: 02/23/08 05:20:33
Initializing...
Log file	   : C:\Drivers\Win\FLASH\63af08us\PHLASH.LOG
Settings file  : C:\Drivers\Win\FLASH\63af08us\PHLASH.INI (found)
Executable	 : C:\Drivers\Win\FLASH\63af08us\WinPhlash.exe
Version	: 1.6.3.1	Build	  : WinPhlash
Date	   : 2/23/2008
Resource file  : C:\Drivers\Win\FLASH\63af08us\PHLASHLC.DLL (loaded)
Help file	  : C:\Drivers\Win\FLASH\63af08us\WINPHLASH.HLP
App name	   : Phoenix WinPhlash
OS Information : Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 - supported
--- Log started: 02/23/08 05:29:53
Initializing...

Error code : -200(0xFFFFFF38)
Description:
Error code: -200

Error code : 5024(0x000013A0)
Description:
Se almacenaron las propiedades pero no todos los cambios surtirán efecto si no se vuelve a conectar el recurso.
Error code: 5024

I already installed the kalyway 10.5.1 and selected the azalia out checkbox and sound worked for me pretty well, but does not detect any changes when i plug in headphones, mic not tested, and is not displayed in the audio input panel from preferences pane.

I DIDN'T PATCHED THE INSTALLED SYSTEM, i just used the azalia out choice in the installer dvd, this is possible because i patched the BIOS with the Winphlash App downloaded from Lenovo WEbsite and selected the ADI file for update.

Do not try this update if you dont know what you're going to do or you can damage your hardware!! please be careful. its consecuences is an USB issue that interrups its power due to this patching, and it happens when you type in the keyboard. So i guess is related to this problem too the LAN device, as well the WIFI Intel 3945 abg device.

:P please, I DO NEED backup of the BIOS file (.BAK) created by winphlash to restore my system to the previously state (Old BIOS with Realtek Device Config).

If you have a LEnovo 3000 c200 family laptop please do not patch the bios with the ADI file if you are not sure what are you doing, and please, use the winphlash program to ONLY BACKUP your BIOS and send me (if you can, (please!!!: :) ) to try to restore my system.

YES, I TRIED TO REFLASH THE BIOS WITH THE REALTEK FILE PROVIDED BY LENOVO AND IT GAVE ME AN -200 ERROR CODE, (just because the sys file that manage the flashing is Virtually disconnected from the hardware (due the USB PROBLEM) and it stops and gave me a BSOD)

this is the log (at the point starting flash the BIOS)

Calling driver to BEGIN flash
--- Log started: 02/23/08 05:20:33
Initializing...
OS Information : Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 - supported
--- Log started: 02/23/08 05:29:53
Initializing...

Error code : -200(0xFFFFFF38)
Description:
Error code: -200

Error code : 5024(0x000013A0)
Description:
Se almacenaron las propiedades pero no todos los cambios surtirán efecto si no se vuelve a conectar el recurso.
Error code: 5024

to fix your problem with bios You need to flash your bios with first release of bios from Lenovo site:

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mcp1dtw90cv

And after that you can install latest bios and use realtek_wph

This method is only one that can fix your problem with usb.

to fix your problem with bios You need to flash your bios with first release of bios from Lenovo site:

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mcp1dtw90cv

And after that you can install latest bios and use realtek_wph

This method is only one that can fix your problem with usb.

Thanks man! it did solved the problem, i used the previous bios than latest, but not earliest.

SOLVED.

i have a lenovo 3000 c200

and new0862.zip worked in uphuck 10.4.9 thanks

:unsure:

the only issue is its on or off it has no volume controls

and i tried it on my iatkos 10.5.2 partition and it doent work at all

any idea how to fix these

maybe you should post the link to that codec, so all the people here can test it...

cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mactux THANK YOU So MUCH. I have the following laptop. I have sound with your AppleHDA fix (new0862.zip).

I have sound, from both headphone jack and through speakers however I do not have volume control. It is on full all the time. Is there any fix for this?

Lenovo 3000 N200 Notebook

Product Model 0769AVU

Processor Intel Core Duo T2330 1.6GHz on Intel 965 Express

Bus Speed 533MHz

Cache 1MB L2

Memory: 1GB DDR2-667/PC2-5300

Maximum Memory 4GB

5-1 Card Reader Richo

Hard Drive 120GB Serial ATA 5400 rpm

Optical Drive DVD-Writer - DVD-RAM/-R/-RW (Matsumi)

Display Screen 15.4" WXGA Widescreen Active Matrix TFT Color LCD with VibrantView

Graphics Controller Intel GMA X3100 128MB DDR2 SDRAM Shared PCI Express

Display Resolution 1280 x 800 (Internal) / 2048 x 1536 (External)

Network & Communication:

Network Broadcom 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet IEEE 802.3ab Integrated

Lenovo 54Mbps Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g Mini PCI Express **AKA broadcom I looked it up**

Modem 56Kbps V.92 Data/Fax Modem Integrated

Expansion Slots 1 x ExpressCard/54

Pointing Device TouchPad synamtics

Interfaces/Ports:

Ports 4 x 4-pin Type A USB 2.0 - USB

1 x mini-DIN S-Video Out

1 x RJ-11 Modem

1 x RJ-45 Network

1 x 4-pin IEEE 1394 - FireWire

1 x Mini-phone Microphone/Audio In

1 x Mini-phone Stereo Audio Out

1 x VGA

Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium

Built-in Devices:

Camera

Security Features:

Security Slot

Hard disk drive password

Fingerprint reader

Any hope for the Toshiba a135 edition of the ALC862 have speaker playback via azalia, but none of the alcinject applehda stuff is working forme. maybe no good codec dump, or maybe doing something wrong with tarugas stuff.... I used ubuntu livecd and it did not detect the sound card or anything so i couldnt get a dump from ubuntu...\

let me know if there is any current hope....

Any hope for the Toshiba a135 edition of the ALC862 have speaker playback via azalia, but none of the alcinject applehda stuff is working forme. maybe no good codec dump, or maybe doing something wrong with tarugas stuff.... I used ubuntu livecd and it did not detect the sound card or anything so i couldnt get a dump from ubuntu...\

let me know if there is any current hope....

Try the latest ubuntu(xubuntu for smaller download) distributions and get a codec dump, or build the latest alsa from gentoo sources. and post it here

• 2 weeks later...
Try the latest ubuntu(xubuntu for smaller download) distributions and get a codec dump, or build the latest alsa from gentoo sources. and post it here

MadTux: Here's a codec dump (from ubuntu after building alsa) from my Toshiba A135-s4666. I've got your posted file working but with no volume control, and no mic/line out. I've also tried taruga's patcher with this dump to no avail. Since what you've done is similar and partially working, maybe you can lend some help. At least for me and this other guy, and quite possibly for quite a few more.

Cheers, hope this helps someone

codec_dump0.txt

They deleted my post from AppleHDA, I didn't know that we can't post there, so I will put the kext here.

new0862.zip

It should give you IntSpeakers and Headphones, and external mic on laptop.

Please post the results here!

For noobs:

1. Download kexts, drag them to extensions folder. (this is not for a patcher, just copy and paste files)

2.And repair permissions

3.Restart

Sound should come from speakers, and when you plug the headphones it should switch automaticly

Hi MadTux ! Many thanx for your great job!

But I can't run the sound from my ALC861VD. I try to follow your steps, but when i write "chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext' - promt say me: "Operattion not permitted"

I try to "Repair permission" in Disk Utility... Maybe i must repair permissions in other way?

Please help me :) Without sound my Leopard is useless :P

Hi MadTux ! Many thanx for your great job!

But I can't run the sound from my ALC861VD. I try to follow your steps, but when i write "chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext' - promt say me: "Operattion not permitted"

I try to "Repair permission" in Disk Utility... Maybe i must repair permissions in other way?

Please help me :) Without sound my Leopard is useless :P

You must be root to make permissions change.

so login as root or type:

#sudo -s

enter your passwd

#chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

#chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

#rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

or download kexthelper7b and install with it