please help, i've been trying ot install the OSX 10.4.8 on my pc but it freezes after booting

deerman

7 posts in this topic

Hey

Im new in all this hackintosh thing, so i've been trying to install it on my pc, im almost sure it is compatible but i just dont know what im doing wrong, heres a pic of when my pc freezes before booting.

0000023kv6.jpg

and here are my pc specs:

- Motehrboard: ASROCK AM2NF6G - VSTA

- CPU: AMD Athlon x2 dual core 5200+

- RAM: 1 GB 533mhz

- HD: hitachi 160 GB (SATA II mode)

- Onboard Nvidia 6100 video chip, 256 MB shared

So please if somebody knows whats happening, please tell me and explain me how to fix it.

thanks

Very probably because you have a nForce 405 mobo, with which OSX doesn't like SATA drives (corruption in writing data).

A solution is to install osx on a pata (ide) drive; you can find cheap ones for sale these days.

There is a kext available for nf4 mobo's, but which does not/might not work for your nf405. Some have recently developped another such kext, look in the link I just gave.

pcwiz

This usually points to a compatibility problem with your computer and the ISO you are using. Try using the Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 Universal DVD instead.

PCWIZ, thanks, well right now im trying to downloading it butthe traker isnt working so maybe tomorrow it start downloading, i hope this one works for me.

cbmkgd

Very probably because you have a nForce 405 mobo, with which OSX doesn't like SATA drives (corruption in writing data).

A solution is to install osx on a pata (ide) drive; you can find cheap ones for sale these days.

There is a kext available for nf4 mobo's, but which does not/might not work for your nf405. Some have recently developped another such kext, look in the link I just gave.

CBMKGD, thanks for the help...but i dont know how to install a kext, do i have to install it after the OS X installation?? because actually i haven't been able to do it.

My point about the kext is that it possibly won't apply to your situation; you will have to go into the thread I gave a link to, and ask the question there.

Easiest solution is to install a second hd, a pata/ide one, and install osx on it, if indeed your chipset isn't supported.

• 1 month later...