Applecare

Wrenbird

Are you pleased? Or not?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with Apple's service?

• Very
    • Sort of
    • Not at all
    • I'll never get another Apple product, ever.

9 posts in this topic

After my second dealing with Applecare, I'm extremely pleased. They've replaced my 5th Generation iPod twice now. The first time was for a bad hard drive, now because the audio out has stopped working. I called them for the request on Thursday. I got the box on Friday(I live in New York!!!). I sent the iPod yesterday. They got it today. They inspected it today. I should get my new one Thursday. My friend's 5th gen broke and he got an iPod classic as a replacement, so I'm hopeful :P . Overall, I'm unbelievably impressed with how well Apple handles everything. They're the best company I've ever dealt with in quality of products and customer support. I'd recommend the Applecare Plan on any new apple product. It's well worth it.

BTW, as far as quality of products goes, and having to have my iPod replaced twice, it's not the quality of the iPod that broke mine, it was my stupid handling. The first time, I unplugged the iPod during a restore and the second I dropped it :P

UPDATE: I got the new iPod this morning, it's not an iPod Classic. Darn. :( Well, you can't have everything. Guess I'm lucky to even get a new iPod. I suppose this means that I'm saving $250 for a classic, since my iTunes library surpassed 27.8 GB yesterday.

Yea, they can be real :P (insert you favorite vulgar word) to me at times. I was ready to throw my Macbook Pro at them when I took it into them because the laptop would not stay latched shut and I was told by the "Genius" that the best thing to do now was just use tape to keep it closed shut.

Yea, they can be real :P (insert you favorite vulgar word) to me at times. I was ready to throw my Macbook Pro at them when I took it into them because the laptop would not stay latched shut and I was told by the "Genius" that the best thing to do now was just use tape to keep it closed shut.

wow. taping it? :) that is a major pain in the keister. dosent the mbp use magnets to latch it? if so, why cant they just like repalce the magnets or something? by the sounds of things, im glad that i havent had to deal with applecare for macs. thank god. :P

wow. taping it? :) that is a major pain in the keister. dosent the mbp use magnets to latch it? if so, why cant they just like repalce the magnets or something? by the sounds of things, im glad that i havent had to deal with applecare for macs. thank god. :)

The MacBook uses magnets. The MacBook Pro has an actual physical latch.

The MacBook uses magnets. The MacBook Pro has an actual physical latch.

I do not know why Apple still has the MacBook Pros using physical latches. But, nevertheless, I have had to deal with AppleCare once in my entire iLife™ :thumbsup_anim: it was very nice. The logic board in my PowerBook shut down because it was too wet in Hawaii, but this has also fried one of my older Sony phones. I went to the Apple Store, they sent it in, and soon it was back in my hands again. I did not really talk to them, but whatever. :P