Custom Cases

Hugo Guerreiro

16 posts in this topic

First i started this topic because im a big fan of Modding and making things look like just the way we want to, and because of that (And please move the post if im posting it in the wrong area) i would like to start this by asking you people to show you costum cases and work if you also love modding.

Later today i will post some Pictures of my actual case costumized by my self ( all made with some imagination and a litlle pacience too) but as for now im starting on a new project for a wood case that will be slim but funcional and all made in wood with the logos of OSX86 and Intel on the sides ( or top... i havent decided yet if its going to be tower style or desktop style ;):D ). its going to look very good and it will have some modifications on the components,all of them made by myself.

So start showing your work here too and share ideas in this thread about this too...

Regards to all

Hugo

Ok Like i said here is my actual case....

Its a regular micro-atx case with a front panel made in plastic(original) and an aplication of wood pieces made by me. The CD and DVD drives were costumized with wood also ( i used very thin wood to do this).

On the inside i have a Gygabyte cooler in aluminium for the overclock of the CPU ( P4 2.8Ghz to 3.3Ghz) and of course running OSX86 Uphuck 10.4.9 as my main OS.

Also i have a Nvidia GeForce 6200 also overclocked that as an extra cooling help by the fan on the bottom of the case.

The images arent the best ( they were taken at night) but i promisse to get better ones latter....

fotopc4.jpg

fotopc3-1.jpg

fotopc2.jpg

Hello again.... like promised here is the new case i builted in pure wood

It wasnt easy and it took me almost 5 days to do it but here are the fotos of it.... hope you like it

And please give me your coments....

First day - planning the hole thing up...

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0132.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

Second Day - Cutting and adjusting everything up ....

DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

Third Day - Cutting my DVD and Graphics card ( Insane ....i know!!!!)

DSCN0144.jpg

DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0136.jpg

Fourth Day - Getting all the pieces in the right place and giving the good looks to all....

DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0150.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

DSCN0154.jpg

DSCN0156.jpg

Fifth Day - The crutial day... finishing it and powering it up( all worked fine of course!!) no CABUMMMM !!!!!!!

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

The Final Product

DSCN0160.jpg

And of course my Desktop!!!!

screenshot_01.jpg

Awesome job man, how does the temperature vary since it is wood? Is it any different from plastic?

hint hint- use spellcheck.....

Well to tell you the truth i didnt noticed any diference... i have the same temps as a regular metal/plastic case.

I have at the moment 45C on CPU 100% loaded and 34C in the motherboard temperature .... the difference is minimal.

What seems to have a big difference is the noise produced: before this i had lots and lots of noise and now all is quiet and almost silent.

Hej,

i worked as a Stonemason a few years ago amd i can tell you Bianco Carrara ( a sort of italian Stone ) is the best material to build a beautiful custom Case. The Material works as a second cooler and it´s very silent . Only the weight is a small problem : 43 KG without Pc-parts.

Amanoth

Hello.

That is my case.

I made it a few months ago and I'm very happy with it. Hope help someone with a similar idea.

The box:

post-74469-1192382437_thumb.jpg

Right view:

post-74469-1192382478_thumb.jpg

Left:

post-74469-1192382518_thumb.jpg

Interior view:

post-74469-1192383140_thumb.jpg

Other interior view (with cooling router? removed):

post-74469-1192383705_thumb.jpg

And how my desktop looks:

post-74469-1192383792_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I had wood custom cases in my three last computers and I didn't have any problem with fire/heat.

The cooling with this design is very good and allows me to make a little of overclocking with good temperatures of use.

• 2 weeks later...
Eh not trying to be a smartie, but isn't hot computer + wood case= fire?

A PC can't produce enough heat to ignite wood. The lowest documented temperature at which wood ignited was 77°C (171°F), but for something like that to happen, the wood has to be at that temperature for years. While a Core 2 Duo can operate at up to 100°C, the case won't get that hot (and the CPU doesn't normally even get close to the max).

R2k, I know it's been over a month since your post, but metal isn't a good material because it's "cold." It's a good material because it's a good conductor of heat.