Ati radeon Xpress X1200

nenad5

9 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
O.K

I will give a shot...coming soon with results

I was having the same prob running an ATI Radeon X1200 512mb under a 1x00 driver, tried callisto b005 (uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3) and viola! She boots up sweet as! I've got the OS running sweet and vv fast, however, I don't have any resolution control. Any ideas? I might try swap the kext for another callisto driver as this was the first I tried with success (partially). I still have no USB or Ethernet, however these are just more probs to tackle that expand the brain I suppose (and deprave me of sleep! :D )

Any ideas much appreciated.

Cheers to vbetts! You helped me get this far!! :P

Hackint0sh:

MSI K9AGM2

AMD 690v Chipset

AMD 64x2 6000+

2gb DDRII 667 Ram

ATI Radeon X1200 512mb

ATI ATA SB600 Chipset

Realtek 8101E Ethernet

If your X1200 is the xpress1200 like this guy here, then you won't get QE/CI. There's no fully working solution for onboard video from ATI yet, and unless Apple or ATI just makes a switch from dedicated board, to onboard, you won't see any progress much either.

It is onboard although I've never seen any details of it being express (mobo specs etc)... would this make a big diff? If express has been ruled out (for now) with QE etc then I hope mines not a part of that!!

May well be getting a new graphics card then! Any suggestions? At least to match the x1200 I was on. Does PCI express slots have any known issues in osx86? Before I make a purchase that is!

Oh yeah, got USB and Ethernet... The video is my only prob now... and the sleep, that's still a prob.

Thanks heaps btw, muchly appreciated!!

Just looking at an ASUS EAX1050/ATI RADEON X1050, know of any issues?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It is onboard although I've never seen any details of it being express (mobo specs etc)... would this make a big diff? If express has been ruled out (for now) with QE etc then I hope mines not a part of that!!

May well be getting a new graphics card then! Any suggestions? At least to match the x1200 I was on. Does PCI express slots have any known issues in osx86? Before I make a purchase that is!

Oh yeah, got USB and Ethernet... The video is my only prob now... and the sleep, that's still a prob.

Thanks heaps btw, muchly appreciated!!

Just looking at an ASUS EAX1050/ATI RADEON X1050, know of any issues?

Ive been trying to get my native 16:10 ratio resolution on my LCD with this card.. and its not happening very easily.. the best i can get is 1280x1024 and it looks horrible on this screen..

I really wish i could et this fixed..... and be able to change resolutions..

if anyone has any ideas for me please do pass the info on: 416design at gmail dot com

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up a slightly old thread, but, has anyone with this card (RADEON Xpress X1200) managed to get it working? I've tried Katana, Callisto, Natit, and the built-in drivers, and the System Profiler always states the kext for the Graphics/Displays as "No kext loaded."