mac pro optical audio input

whatis

4 posts in this topic

At my office I have a mac pro and I have a blu ray dvd player. I have the display hooked up to my dell ultrasharp over dvi. For the audio I have the optical toslink going into my mac pro, but I do not get sound from my boston speakers which are hooked up to the mac pro using the analog jacks. My last computer in my office was an dell dimension 9150 with optical toslink input and the sound came over my boston speakers fine using the analog output. Any solutions would greatly be appreciated.

Have you got it set to optical in/analog out?
In the system prefercences I did set the output to line-out - "built-in line out". For the intput I set it to digital in - optical digital input. If I open software like roxio cd spin doctor, and set it to record off of the optical digital input I can here the PS3, and when I shut it down the sound stops. Any suggestions - thanks in advance.
Have you got it set to optical in/analog out?
In the system prefercences I did set the output to line-out - "built-in line out". For the intput I set it to digital in - optical digital input. If I open software like roxio cd spin doctor, and set it to record off of the optical digital input I can here the PS3, and when I shut it down the sound stops. Any suggestions - thanks in advance.

So to get this straight.

You have the source connected to the mac pro's input, and the speakers connected to it's output?

If so, i don't know a way to get it to constantly output the source from the line in, I just open quicktime and click new audio recording everytime I want to do that.

Hopefully someone else will know how.