LEOPARD BLUE SCREEN HELP!

dyemaniac

9 posts in this topic

I need help with my macbook pro. I was installing parallels and it froze. I couldnt force quit so i shut it down manually. When I start it back up it boots a blue screen and a progress indicator, which looks like a colored pinwheel or spinning disc going off and on.

I have tried to safe boot but it wont work. I repaired disk permissions, disk repaired, and reset pram. Any other ideas?

Oh and btw in verbose mode it says

invalid destination port

login windows application started

invalid destination port

heres a video of what its doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKpm4LETqIs

I need help with my macbook pro. I was installing parallels and it froze. I couldnt force quit so i shut it down manually. When I start it back up it boots a blue screen and a progress indicator, which looks like a colored pinwheel or spinning disc going off and on.

I have tried to safe boot but it wont work. I repaired disk permissions, disk repaired, and reset pram. Any other ideas?

Oh and btw in verbose mode it says

invalid destination port

login windows application started

invalid destination port

heres a video of what its doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKpm4LETqIs

Same EXACT thing happened to me with my white Macbook while trying to install Parallels under 9A499... I wish I could give you better news, but I had to reinstall, and I lost everything. Hopefully you've run some time machine backups.

Same EXACT thing happened to me with my white Macbook while trying to install Parallels under 9A499... I wish I could give you better news, but I had to reinstall, and I lost everything. Hopefully you've run some time machine backups.

if you have another mac and put the macbook pro in firewire mode, couldnt u get some of the files?

No panic

Just restart in console mode, mount the filesystem and fix some permissions. That's all.

http://kb.parallels.com/entry/19/501/

That's it:

1. Restart the Mac.

2. Hold down Command + S to boot in the Single mode.

3. Please type 'mount -uw /' without quotation marks.

4. After that please type 'chmod 1775 /Volumes/<Your Leopard volume>' without quotes.

5. Press Ctrl+D or type 'exit' without quotes.

That fixes everything.

I'm having this same issue, trying menega's tip now.

Edit: Granted, I didn't run into this installing Parallels, but while trying to turn my airport back on while Missing Sync WM 4 was crashing, I forced a restart and got a blank blue screen when I've started up since.

And now I can't figure out why

chmod 1775 /Volumes/Macintosh HD

isn't working, it says no such directory exist.

I wish i had read that 5 minutes ago, I'm trying to reinstall the OS, but as it stands right now its 'upgrading' despite the same build being installed on the HD

Done this now, and im still stuck on blue screen, but like i said before, I didn't run into the issue while dealing with parallels.Is there perhaps some other chmod command i should be doing?Please excuse my complete ignorance of all things command line.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem too.. but this happened when i installed parallels.. it alwas give me an endless blue screen... I tried installing lepoard on external drive but i had an older build than the one i had on the macbook....it says i dont have prevliage to open the drive i tried reparing but noth happend it says that permission passed succsefully...

I tried the Verbose mode and there an error with (syste/library/frameworks/coreservices.framework/frameworks/metedata.framework/versions/A/supoort/mdworker",...): Np Such Directory or file

and importing something had faild !!!!

pls help :(