Gray Screen

JsM109

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone ..

I downloaded mac os x 10.4.8 with the update.. it was written sse2 sse3 and ppff or whatever .. I dont know what is this .

I installed the mac.. and every thing works fine untill the gray screen.. then nothing happen.. I searched and tried but still the same thing ,, I hope you can help .

Thanks .

My computer :

Acer Travelmate 3270

Intel Core2Duo processer T7200 (SSE 2, SSE 3, SSSE 3)

1 GB Ram

120 GB Hard disk.

nVidia GeForce Go 7300.

Hi,

You can try this:

Whenn reboot , press F8, and type -x then press ENTER

Boot in safe mode...

If the system boot on, ok, if not, you must reinstal zour system and install latter version of

OSX, ex. 10.4.6

I have a some problem before, and must install 10.4.6 and working ok.

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom ..thank you very much .. I will try .. But I have 10.4.8 why do I need to install .6 . I have 10.4.9 update the same problem in the safe mode .. the onley way I can open the mac is with the DVD .. press f8 then write rd=disk0s1 , I hope there is another way to fix this problem

10.4.6 you can download from rapidshare, but i forgot the link,,,google and you find 100%

I have 10.4.5...6 , 8, and 10.4.9 and from all by me work 10.4.6 perfect....

This is diferent from computer to computer,

I have TS M60,Centrino 2,16 GHz, 2GB RAM,120 SATA, ATIMobility x700 256 MB ......

reg

Tom

ok, if the only way you can boot up Mac is with the DVD then you should try changing the hard drive priority to boot off the hard drive where u installed mac os, if you're able to get to the darwin menu (without the DVD), then press f8 and type: -v -s where it says "boot:". when you get to a command line type:

/sbin/mount -uw /

then type

cd /system/library/extensions

and then:

rm -rf nvdaresman.kext

then type exit and see what happens, you should try posting what you see in the screen when you boot. hope this helps

hi superman .. it works like you told me.. but hould I have to write this every time ?and thanks every one .. by the way .. I must write cpus=1 to run mac .. I dont know why .. is there a way not to write it every time I want to run my computer

--------------

super man ... you are really superman .. :unsure: thank you very much , and thanks to eveyone helped me ..

reg

Jassim

hi superman .. it works like you told me.. but hould I have to write this every time ?and thanks every one .. by the way .. I must write cpus=1 to run mac .. I dont know why .. is there a way not to write it every time I want to run my computer

--------------

super man ... you are really superman .. :) thank you very much , and thanks to eveyone helped me ..

reg

Jassim

nah, you only have to do that once, after that you'll be able to boot normally...

P.S: i dont know why it only works with you with 1 cpu, i have a dual core AMD Turion and it works just fine

Glad i could help :P