Audio Heartbreak/ AppleAzaliaAudio vanishes

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been juggling around with all flavors of skippyretards realtek/sigmatel solutions that seem to work for lots of people, and also of course Taruga's HDA Patcher... neither works at all on my Mitac Barebone Laptop which is otherwise a PERFECT MacHackbook.

So I really want to get to the bottom of this: could someone explain how ALCINJECT - APPLEAZALIA - and APPLEHDA influence each other? For some strange reason, the AppleazaliaAudio.kext is disappearing, even after installing the kext package and simply applying skippyretards patch.

And the other way around, even though SkippyRetard's installer claims to remove the AppleHDA.kext, indeed a few re-boots later and the AppleHDA.kext is loaded again- this is INSANE and I do not mean in the positive INSANELY MAC way.

Does anybody have a laptop with alc883 and ICH7 where the sound is working well?

I have even brought one of those cheap-o USB audio adapters, but the sound is pretty lousy and the thing gets incredibly HOT!

I'd be thankful for any advice...

regards,

ninetto

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I have been juggling around with all flavors of skippyretards realtek/sigmatel solutions that seem to work for lots of people, and also of course Taruga's HDA Patcher... neither works at all on my Mitac Barebone Laptop which is otherwise a PERFECT MacHackbook.

So I really want to get to the bottom of this: could someone explain how ALCINJECT - APPLEAZALIA - and APPLEHDA influence each other? For some strange reason, the AppleazaliaAudio.kext is disappearing, even after installing the kext package and simply applying skippyretards patch.

And the other way around, even though SkippyRetard's installer claims to remove the AppleHDA.kext, indeed a few re-boots later and the AppleHDA.kext is loaded again- this is INSANE and I do not mean in the positive INSANELY MAC way.

Does anybody have a laptop with alc883 and ICH7 where the sound is working well?

I have even brought one of those cheap-o USB audio adapters, but the sound is pretty lousy and the thing gets incredibly HOT!

I'd be thankful for any advice...

regards,

ninetto

Hi,

I have Acer Aspire 3680. It has ALC883 and ICH7. Audio (onboard speaker, headphone, line-in) is working almost perfectly. I use driver supplied by skippyretard. Installed with 6 channel option. I'm not an expert, but I can try answer your question. ALCinject.kext actually hold your ICH7 information. It Info.plist hold information about device and vendor ID of your ICH7. You need this kext file because it tell system where your ALC883 located in your system. So, your AppleHDA.kext can recognize your sound card. You don't need AppleAzaliaAudio.kext file if you're using SkippyRetard's driver for ALC883. It use AppleHDA.kext file. Thats why you still have AppleHDA.kext file after reboot if you're using SkippyRetard's driver for ALC883. I will try post some pic I taken from "Hardware Browser" from Fedora 7, so you can understand better.

Edit:-

This picture show where ALC883 located at ICH7. I highlight the ICH7 vendor and device id.

alc883re4.th.jpg

This picture show that, different (PCI) device/hardware located at different ICH7 slot. It have different ICH7 vendor and device id.

atherospcievr7.th.jpg