'/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found-Installation problem

mactasticimtiaz

10 posts in this topic

Whenever i tired to install OSX86 on my pc it says

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

but same dvd works with other Intel core duo system. i mean i can install MacOS on other pc using same media.

My PC Config:

Intel Pentium D 3.40 GHz

MB: Asus P5B Intel 965 Chipset

Ram: 4GB DDR2

Would anyone please tell me what is the problem here?

Hey all, new guy here, you can tell by the first post ;)

I'm having the same issue using uphuck 10.4.9 Intel only version, install went fine, get the error when rebooting after the install finishes, been searching for hours for a solution. This machine is also my XP gaming rig, I have the XP SATA drive disconnected during the osx86 install.

Hardware

Asus P4P800-E, i865PE chipset

P4 3.2 Hyperthread

2GB RAM

GeForce 6800 AGP

IDE 60GB hard drive for osx86 only, no dual boot

1 DVD-RW and 1 56x CD-Rom drive

Hey all, new guy here, you can tell by the first post :D

I'm having the same issue using uphuck 10.4.9 Intel only version, install went fine, get the error when rebooting after the install finishes, been searching for hours for a solution. This machine is also my XP gaming rig, I have the XP SATA drive disconnected during the osx86 install.

Hardware

Asus P4P800-E, i865PE chipset

P4 3.2 Hyperthread

2GB RAM

GeForce 6800 AGP

IDE 60GB hard drive for osx86 only, no dual boot

1 DVD-RW and 1 56x CD-Rom drive

Davejb, generally when this error occurs after installation it means that either your partition/drive is not set as active/primary or it is in GUID mode instead of MBR mode. Use disk utility on the install disk to check this out.

Thanks BJMoose, I'll check that out after work. My problem is I'm learning osX at the same time I'm trying to get this to work (I won't go in to why that is). Second thing, when I go into startup disk after booting from the DVD after the install, the only thing listed is the DVD, no hard drive volume in sight, which if I apply my Windows knowledge, indicates what you said, no active partition.

Ok, that fixed the error and the missing startup disk, but all I get is a blinking curser now. Is there a list of which drivers I need to install for which hardware? I hunted around here and the wiki but didn't find anything to say what I needed to load for what motherboard chipset, video card, and so on.

Davejb, you need to be a little more specific in your question/answers. What exactly worked? Did you check the Guid/MBR mode? Often, that's what causes the blinking cursor.

Sorry for the newbie-ish reply, I should know better, I've been active in the Microsoft newsgroups for ages. Plus I had to switch projects last night and my post wasn't as complete as I wanted it to be. I ended up swapping out the hard drive I was using because for some reason, disk utility was loosing communication with disk manager (or something along those lines, I ran diags on the drive and it passed, so no idea there). Anyway, starting over with a different drive, created the mbr partition, installed osx86, flagged the partition after the install, and it booted fine. My question on the drivers was, I have a 6800GT, and I noticed there are a few nvidia drivers listed during the install, are each of these drivers specific to certain cards or just different versions of drivers for the same cards?