Forget Parallels Try VMware Fusion

BarryBar

3 posts in this topic

After getting a nasty kernel panic with Parallels. I have today tried out VMware Fusion 1.0.0 51348 on a hacintosh. With success!!

The good thing is that I did not need to install an operation system. Fusion saw my XP system on a separate hard disk as a bootcamp partion.

It even first booted up the Acronis OS selector, which is also on that hard disk and in the Acronis bootscreen I could select XP. After starting up XP up it flawlessly recognized all the hardware.

Super cool product I must say and I am considering buying it. Hopefully the development of this product continues to be this good.

There is already an on going thread for discussing Parallels vs. Fusion.

Personally, I prefer Parallels. The speed is near native on my desktop, Coherence is MUCH more useful then Unity (What is Windows without a Start button?). Also Parallels seems to have a MUCH faster beta cycle. In the time it has taken VMWare to release one (still somewhat buggy) release version, Parallels has had two full release versions and quite a few different beta versions, usually with dramatic improvements between each one.

There is already an on going thread for discussing Parallels vs. Fusion.

Personally, I prefer Parallels. The speed is near native on my desktop, Coherence is MUCH more useful then Unity (What is Windows without a Start button?). Also Parallels seems to have a MUCH faster beta cycle. In the time it has taken VMWare to release one (still somewhat buggy) release version, Parallels has had two full release versions and quite a few different beta versions, usually with dramatic improvements between each one.

Cut

I could have read to text besides the manga picture. :-)

After your response however I will also try Parallels again because speed is also an important aspect.