SigmaTel 9274D

7 posts in this topic

I installed Uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i_r2 onto a BadAxe 2 board. Everything seems to be working well except audio. The board has the SigmaTel 9274D audio chipset, although it is mislabeled as 9247D in the manual. I search the thread for the SigmaTel 9274D solution and found Taruga's AppleHDA Patcher v1.16..

I ran the Patcher with this Kext, but audio is still not working.

Anyone has any idea what I'm missing and what I need to do to get audio working?

Thanks.

Hi, with uphuck's installers there's no need to install any kext files to get your audio running (audio out only...as of yet there's no fix for mic). You simply put Taruga's patcher in a directory and the STAC txt file (you'll have to search for that because I'm not at my Hack right now) in the same directory. Just drag the STAC file on top of the patcher and release. It will do it's own thing and after a reboot you'll have audio. This works without a doubt for this board. The one thing I don't know is what kext file you installed and how that will affect things. Would be best to re-install if it doesn't work.

Hi, with uphuck's installers there's no need to install any kext files to get your audio running (audio out only...as of yet there's no fix for mic). You simply put Taruga's patcher in a directory and the STAC txt file (you'll have to search for that because I'm not at my Hack right now) in the same directory. Just drag the STAC file on top of the patcher and release. It will do it's own thing and after a reboot you'll have audio. This works without a doubt for this board. The one thing I don't know is what kext file you installed and how that will affect things. Would be best to re-install if it doesn't work.

So when I install OSX, I should'nt choose any of the audio drivers right?

I tried this kext, which I don't think is the correct one since it is a .kext file and not .txt.

Then I tried this txt file, but when I dragged it into the patcher, it doesn't seem to do anything, meaning the .txt file just get rejected and bounced back to where it was.

I think I'll reinstall it and select no audio and patch the right txt file.

I just reinstalled OSX, this time I didn't select any audio patches. After installation, I tried dragging the STAC9274D_83847621.txt file to the AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16 window, but it just bounced the txt file back, and nothing happens. I rebooted and still don't have sound.What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got it working. It was a newb mistake. I've been dragging the text file into the Patcher window when I should've dragged it to the app icon. I know, I'm an idiot. :D:)