Help installing Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3

rob356

29 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. I have an AMD X2 4400+ (Socket 939). I have Vista and all of my personal files on 2 attached SATA drives and I am attempting to install OSX to a PATA (parallel or EIDE) 40gb drive. I boot into BIOS and disable my two SATA drives and boot off the DVD. I have uphuck 10.4.9-universal v1.3. It boots and installs fine but when I attempt to boot off of the 40gb after installation I get a black screen with a "Error loading operating system_" message. I have tried a few different installation scenarios to see if that helps but no go.

My motherboard is the Asus A832R-MVP Deluxe (Socet 939, DDR, ATi Xpress 2300 NorthBridge). During installation I select the AMD 10.4.9 package by tubgirl and uphuck, I've attempted both the AMD SSE3 kernel and the Universal -3 kernel, along with the loginwindow and verbose. Since my NorthBridge is ATi I also installed the ATi ATA driver.

Even during the initial install, right after boot from the DVD, when it asks to enter some options or press enter to start the OSx86 install, I entered "-v cpus=2 platform=x86pc" without quotes... neither have worked.

Any clues?

When you repartitioned the Drive in Disk Utility did you make sure it was MBR, not GUID Partition Table? You can tell by looking in the bottom right hand corner of the window when the disk is selected. If it isn't then follow these steps to make it.

1. Click on partitions

2. Click options

3. Select Master Boot Record from the list

4. hit ok

5. Make sure the Name is what you want it to be, and that the format is MAC OSX (Journaled)

6. Hit partition

7. ALL data will get erased from the drive.

8. when finished reinstall OSX

I Have resolved all harware issues!! Now I have a fully working system!!!!!!!!!! All I had to do to fix the res was to at startup type "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024@60" and it worked, QE/CI supported. Sound, Networking, USB, CD - DVD, all working!

AND THANK YOU THOSE WHO HELPED ME ON THIS FORUM!!! :D:D;):P