10.4.8 JAS iTunes 7.3.2 and tv shows

denalijb

16 posts in this topic

Hang on a second. Can you play previews from the iTunes store? Video or music previews? There is a known issue where after an upgrade on a hackintosh you have to do some network jiggling to make iTunes store work properly. Do a search on iTunes authorization error. If you can play previews and you have all of your network devices and you are not getting a -50 error, but you still can't play purchased videos then there is definitely a problem with 7.3.2. Curious.

I have the same issue. I can play previews but not purchased shows. Worked before in 7.2. Strange, it is the only compatibility issue I've ever had with this box. Tried the network settings thread and that didn't work.
Check to make sure that iTunes is authenticated properly. If it won't authenticate, make sure that your ethernet card is listed as en0 in the networkinterfaces.plist (search the forums for more help on this). iTunes authenticates based on your ethernet hardware device, so occasionally upgrading iTunes resets this.

Check to make sure that iTunes is authenticated properly. If it won't authenticate, make sure that your ethernet card is listed as en0 in the networkinterfaces.plist (search the forums for more help on this). iTunes authenticates based on your ethernet hardware device, so occasionally upgrading iTunes resets this.

The fact that Bart86 said that video previews work would indicate iTunes is authenticated properly would it not? I have decided to stick with iTunes 7.3.1 as previews and purchased audio and video work correctly. Of course I did have to do networking voodoo again once I did the upgrade but based on Bart86's comments he did the voodoo, got previews and such working but still cannot playback purchased videos.

Bart86 - care to comment further?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes, with 7.3.1 (and maybe anything past 7.2) I can authenticate for music but not videos. Authenticating and playing music works fine, but when trying to view a video I previously purchased it will not play. It gives me the authentication dialog (even if I previously and successfully authenticate with a music track), but when i enter my password, it just comes back and says there was a problem authenticating.

7.2 does not have this issue - works like it suppose to. I'm on 10.4.9 (JaS) with an older 10.4.9 kernel.

Bart

I am puzzled as to why this particular problem exists - why would authorized music work and not authorized video? For the time being I suggest getting iTunes7.3.1.dmg and either removing the /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg and reinstalling, or installing it using Pacifist. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...