No Network with JaS 10.4.8 on VmWare

382jsl881

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

i've got a network problem using JaS 10.4.8 PFE 1 + PFE 2 on VmWare (kernel 8.8.1)

Mac_OSX.vmx.txt

I've tried two ways:

1) vlance device

The default vmware network option "vlance" doesn't work. It doesn't show up in the network panel. I've tried to install the Maxxuss-AMDPCNET-v1.0 driver, but i get this error

kextload : extension MaxxusAMDPCNET.kext appears to be valid.
23maxxuss_driver_AMDPCNET is not compatible with it's superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?
kextload : a link/load error occurred for kernel extension MaxxusAMDPCNET.kext
load failed for extension MaxxusAMDPCNET.kext

. I didn't find any information in the board thread, nor do i have another osx image.

2) e1000 device

If i change the vmware network option to "e1000", it's detected by osx and shows up in the network panel.

post-125813-1186692339_thumb.gif

It's getting a IP address via DHCP and i can ping my hostpc and back from hostpc to osx.

post-125813-1186692087_thumb.gif

NAT doesn't work (VmWare NAT service is active). So, pinging google.com doesn't work. I don't really know why, but maybe it's because the mac id is 00:00:00:00:00:00 empty. And the VMware NAT service doesn't accept empty mac ids. (Windows itself doesn't care)

post-125813-1186691266_thumb.jpg

I can't change it via

ifconfig en0 ether 11:22:33:44:55:66
ifconfig en0 lladdr 11:22:33:44:55:66

It's accepted (no error msg), but it doesn't change anything in ifconfig.

Bridging is not an option for me here.

I'd like to update to 10.4.9, would that help?

Any Hints? :)

I am getting the same problems, although I wasn't able to get the adapter to get an IP using DHCP. It complains that there is no cable present. Same issue with the Maxxuss driver, and the Intel one doesn't function with a MAC address of 00:00:00:00:00:00.

@Gigaplex: have you tried to disconnect/connect your network device with vmware (like upper picture?)

my experience:

- update to 10.4.9 didn't help. net connections is now quite unstable: cable not installed/can't ping. It's like if it has a loose contact. I had to disconnect/connect the network device in vmware and change the network options (change ethernet speed, disable/enable dhcp). Sometimes it works, and pinging host is possible. :D

- found a workaround using windows' internet connection sharing (ics): enabled on my windows pc; set gateway/dns ip to my host pc; worked! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

i've got a network problem using JaS 10.4.8 PFE 1 + PFE 2 on VmWare (kernel 8.8.1)

Mac_OSX.vmx.txt

I've tried two ways:

1) vlance device

The default vmware network option "vlance" doesn't work. It doesn't show up in the network panel. I've tried to install the Maxxuss-AMDPCNET-v1.0 driver, but i get this error

kextload : extension MaxxusAMDPCNET.kext appears to be valid.
23maxxuss_driver_AMDPCNET is not compatible with it's superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?
kextload : a link/load error occurred for kernel extension MaxxusAMDPCNET.kext
load failed for extension MaxxusAMDPCNET.kext

. I didn't find any information in the board thread, nor do i have another osx image.

2) e1000 device

If i change the vmware network option to "e1000", it's detected by osx and shows up in the network panel.

Unbenannt_2.gif

It's getting a IP address via DHCP and i can ping my hostpc and back from hostpc to osx.

pinging.gif

NAT doesn't work (VmWare NAT service is active). So, pinging google.com doesn't work. I don't really know why, but maybe it's because the mac id is 00:00:00:00:00:00 empty. And the VMware NAT service doesn't accept empty mac ids. (Windows itself doesn't care)

e1000.jpg

I can't change it via

ifconfig en0 ether 11:22:33:44:55:66
ifconfig en0 lladdr 11:22:33:44:55:66

It's accepted (no error msg), but it doesn't change anything in ifconfig.

Bridging is not an option for me here.

I'd like to update to 10.4.9, would that help?

Any Hints? B)

I got networking to work on my JaS 10.4.8 by adding the ethernetVirtualDev="e1000" line to my config file. I have posted up instructions for getting networking to work using 2 methods (Maxxuss patch and the ethernetVirtualDev) on this blog post