iTunes 7.3.2 - Can't Play Music Vids - DRM Bug?

Takuro

6 posts in this topic

After upgrading to iTunes 7.3.2, I've noticed that none of my legally purchased music videos want to play. iTunes keeps prompting me to authorize my computer every time I try to view one. After authorizing, all I see in the video window is a big grey rectangle.

I whipped out my OS X DVD and used Pacifist to extract iTunes 6. Attempting to play the same videos in iTunes 6 worked fine. I even booted into Vista and used iTunes 7.3.2, and again, the videos played fine.

Is it possible that iTunes 7.3.2 (specifically, the Mac version) has some DRM read issue with music videos? Can anybody test it out on their machine to see if you get similar problems?

BTW, my legally purchased songs play fine.

The kind of error I'm getting:

untitledxd2.jpg

What's more, after an unsuccessful attempt at playing in iTunes, Quicktime denies my rights to play the video too. It makes sense, since iTunes and Quicktime are linked. If I roll back to iTunes 6, boom... Quicktime gladly plays the file again.

• 2 months later...

I kept my iTunes at 7.3.1 so my purchased video would still be able to play - however once I upgraded to Leopard iTunes stayed at 7.3.1 but now purchased video does not play back. I used Pacifist to reinstall iTunes 7.3.1 but video does not play regardless. I'm assuming this issue still remains unresolved as nothing turns up in a search. Oh well.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...