osx x86 10.4.6 sudden error

PGreen07

9 posts in this topic

hi, im new here and of course with probably a "new" problem.

now to my question, whenever i try to boot my osx86 dvd it loads perfectly and everything, it says loading darwin with that / | \ loading symbol, then all of a sudden my computer restarts ..over and over again, in other words, im stuck and dont know what to do... maybe its because im using an onboard graphic card yet still ? ..... let me know.. thanks a lot !

hi, im new here and of course with probably a "new" problem.

now to my question, whenever i try to boot my osx86 dvd it loads perfectly and everything, it says loading darwin with that / | \ loading symbol, then all of a sudden my computer restarts ..over and over again, in other words, im stuck and dont know what to do... maybe its because im using an onboard graphic card yet still ? ..... let me know.. thanks a lot !

Press F8 when the bootloader shows, type in -v (this is the verbose booting mode showing a bootlog on screen) and see what is printed on the screen and at which line the computer reboots. This might give an inclination on what goes wrong.

THANK YOU ALL for your help so far, im trying to listen to all your advices and see what went wrong, maybe someone's 100'% sure in the end and i can skip the thinking on my side ;)

my computer specs:

MAINBOARD P4M9007MB-8RS2H µATX|VGA onBoard ...

INTEL Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,40GHz box Sockel 775|4x 2,40GHz

RAM 1x 2048MB DDR2-667 Aeneon

my installer version: mac osx x86 10.4.6

i also checked my comp specs with cpu-z.

it says:

Instructions : MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T

i have bought this computer last week, so i see no reason besides maybe the onboard graphic card why it shouldnt work, but maybe it's something else. :-S

thanks again =)

PG

Yeah, I had that same problem when I was trying to install the first release of 10.4.8. My issue was the installer would crash as soon as the kernel would load. It is possible the 10.4.6 installer that you are trying to use doesn't support Core 2 Duo. It's very likely! You should prolly just install 10.4.8 or one of UpHuck's 10.4.9 install's.

Goodluck

OK I GOT IT TO WORK NOW sorry for the caps ! ermm... ive got the 10.4.9 version. one things not working tho, ..after installing it says the keyboard is not plugged in which isnt true of course.. its in 100%. whats there next to do for me ? thanks a lot for your help again ALL !!! greets PG