widescreen resolution

deniser

6 posts in this topic

I have a widescreen monitor and do not have the options to set it to 1280x800. I have tried all sorts to get it to this resolution, natit, callisto etc but to no avail.

I have a ati radeon x1300 pro 256mb graphics cards, ci and qe supported.

Anyone have any ideas please.

Thanks,

Denise

I have a widescreen monitor and do not have the options to set it to 1280x800. I have tried all sorts to get it to this resolution, natit, castillo etc but to no avail.

I have a ati radeon x1300 pro 256mb graphics cards, ci and qe supported.

Anyone have any ideas please.

Thanks,

Denise

You can try to set the resolution in bootinfo.plist specifics on how to do this can be found elsewhere in this forum - try the search option.

Is this an AGP card or PCI-e? In the first Hack I built, I had the AGP version of this card and although I could change resolutions by adding a line to the plist, I never found a way to get the card to recognize widescreen. Worked fine in Windows, but not OSX. Do you get some minor mouse tearing with this card?

I remember reading several posts about good results with the ATI Radeon 9600AGP card. I didn't go in that direction myself so I don't have firsthand experience. One of them can probably be found fairly cheaply on eBay.

Many thanks for your help and aadvice. I really appreciate it and the time you have taken to post. I am new to this and for all my other problems I have managed to resolve through searching around.

I will get one of these cards and my son can have the one I already have in my pc.

Thanks again