Can't Mount Partition to Install uphuck v1.4a

btk

7 posts in this topic

I had trouble w/ v1.3 and my USB controller, but the new release fixed that. I still get the errors, but the bootup doesn't halt, it just goes right along and my USB kb/ms work fine. I am having problems now w/ trying to get my parition set aside for OSX to mount in Disk Utility.

I have a nForce 550 mobo and my Windows partitions on my SATA drives show up and I can see info about them, but the one I made to install on won't mount.

I made it using diskpart on WinXP, and disk util sees that, but it won't mount at all. I tried using partedmagic, which is a bootable linux distro that creates hfs+ partitions, but that won't mount either. I tried using diskutil terminal commands to mount. I have tried erasing the partition, but it always hangs on the pinwheel and won't do anything after that.

I would try partitioning the drive w/ Disk Utility, but I have a NTFS part w/ my media files on it and the warning said it would wipe the whole disk.

And I don't have any PATA drives, because my SATA2 drives are so much faster and my old ide's died.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

I have the same issue. But Diskutil not freezes, it's working but says after 2-3 minutes that action timeout occured.

I've also tried pdisk but the installator doesn't recognize created partitions.

Are there any utils for Windows/Linux that can create Mac OSX partitions?