500gb Sata HD only shows 126 gb On mac Osx? Says it is Ata

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a newly bought HD501LJ Samsung 500gb Sata 2 HD.

I have running a gigabyte 965 p motherboard with 1gb sd ram, and a core 2 duo 6400.

When i went to partition before install it says i only had 128 gb of space on my samsung drive.

I thought it might be the case that more room is displayed after the install,

It is still saying i only have 128gb available on the drive.

Moreover, the details of the drive "under get info" say it is ATA - Whereas my drive is definitely Sata- Serial ATA and has

been plugged in using sata cable and sata power cable etc.

I installed as extended journal at install. Any ideas? My BIOS is saying this is a 500gb drive.

Any help would be really appreciated.

In the bios, change the drive setting from ide to either ahci or sata raid. That should take care of it. Of course, if you already have windows installed and didn't hit F6 to add the ahci/sata drivers on install, you will have to change this back to ide or windows won't run. I used this board as a hackintosh for about three months but didn't like the way it handled ahci. Took me an extra 45 seconds to boot in ahci.

This happened to me also recently, my hard drive is plugged in native mode in one of the ICH8 ports. This is happening when OSX use the generic ATA driver instead of AppleIntellPIIxATA or something similar (In the plugins folder of IOATAFAmily). Just add your dev ID in the ICH8 section of the plist in that kext and voila!

This happened to me also recently, my hard drive is plugged in native mode in one of the ICH8 ports. This is happening when OSX use the generic ATA driver instead of AppleIntellPIIxATA or something similar (In the plugins folder of IOATAFAmily). Just add your dev ID in the ICH8 section of the plist in that kext and voila!

I have the same problem as mohican, my 250GB HD is recognized as 128GB, and it's also shown as ATA.

So, where do I get the Dev ID?

Which tags I have to edit or add?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...