Transcode Long Movie

karurosu

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Today I wanted to burn a movie to a dvd to play it on a normal DVD player, the movie its 2:37, iDVD wont let me burn it to a single layer dvd due to the space, however nero (in windows) lets you do that.

I don't want to use windows to do the transcoding, neither use nero, is there any good OS X software that can handle the transcoding? (either free or pay)

I've already looked and tried several, but most of them only shrink DVD images, and I have an AVI file (I don't want to convert to DVD9 first)

Thanks.

the issue is iDVD only allows 90 mins of video on a single layer dvd. this is the "copy protection" apple has used so you simply cant put a dvd rental in your computer, and copy it.

you'll have to use any other program to re-encode (lots of free ones) and then burn it.

ok I found one real nice program called visual hub, it transcoded the movie in 45 minutes, it seems its based in ffmpeg, is there any free program that does the same?

Last, if I transcode using a third party program, will iMovie use that file without transcoding it again?

Thanks