Noob with boot problems Asus P5K-VM board. - w/screen pics

trex-7

4 posts in this topic

Hi OSX86ers, I'v been trying to get this to work for about 2 weeks now, and can't get passed a 'still waiting for root device' error. I've tried Uphuck 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and now I just tried 1.4r2. I get the same thing on all of them.

This is what happens - It seems to load initially, but then the dvd drive stops, and that's it - I get the error. I've tried various boot options like -s -x -f and even tried messing with different rd=disk0s... numbers. I've attached 2 pics of my screen when this happens and I'd really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

** Sorry about the 2mb file size, but I wanted to make sure it could be read**

My guess is that OSX can't find the DVD drive, but what I don't understand is why it works and loads fine upto the error - I'm curious to know if someone cares to explain it to me.

Thanks for your time,

Trex-7.

Specs:

P5K-VM MOBO (G33 / ich9) (this is the same as the other P5K boards as far as I can tell.)

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&amp...amp;modelmenu=1

core2duo 1.8

2 gig ddr2 800

500 gig SataII HD (with XP sp2) Has second fat32 partition 10 gb)

4 gig IDE (fat32) IDE Slave

IDE DVD drive. (IDE Master)

OSX86_Boot_screens.zip

• 4 weeks later...
Hi OSX86ers, I'v been trying to get this to work for about 2 weeks now, and can't get passed a 'still waiting for root device' error. I've tried Uphuck 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and now I just tried 1.4r2. I get the same thing on all of them.

This is what happens - It seems to load initially, but then the dvd drive stops, and that's it - I get the error. I've tried various boot options like -s -x -f and even tried messing with different rd=disk0s... numbers. I've attached 2 pics of my screen when this happens and I'd really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

** Sorry about the 2mb file size, but I wanted to make sure it could be read**

My guess is that OSX can't find the DVD drive, but what I don't understand is why it works and loads fine upto the error - I'm curious to know if someone cares to explain it to me.

Thanks for your time,

Trex-7.

Specs:

P5K-VM MOBO (G33 / ich9) (this is the same as the other P5K boards as far as I can tell.)

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&amp...amp;modelmenu=1

core2duo 1.8

2 gig ddr2 800

500 gig SataII HD (with XP sp2) Has second fat32 partition 10 gb)

4 gig IDE (fat32) IDE Slave

IDE DVD drive. (IDE Master)

I have a P5K-VM and I have Jas 10.4.9 instaled but with problems. My 500 gig sata hdd is only being seen as 127 gigs. I have no sound,ethernet and a few other things. Can any offer any suggestions on how to fix these problems?