time machine Background

pikolo

13 posts in this topic

Is that a whole-of-screen screenshot or have you screenshotted a selection? I was wondering perhaps if this is some odd effect caused by not using a widescreen resolution display.. I remember finding the time machine backdrop inside the time machine app, its just a PNG.. what'd make it distort like that?

Heh.

You can try the background that I grabbed (the one Rzk posted), and replace your current one. Put it in /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/vortex.png.

Well, the odd effect is the glow around the center of the screen which seems to be broken on the middle.

It seems like u removed a part of the picture, looks {censored}. Also ... Those windows look {censored} too, needs a lot of anti-aliasing !

the vortex png that Ramm gave us (thanks!) isn't what was shown in the messed up screenshot in the first post. That was the real, animated background. (a quartz composer file inside finder.app) vortex.png is only used on systems that have trouble with the animated one.

also: the screenshot has a LOT more rendering issues than just that one split line thing.... compare it with vortex.png (which is almost exactly like the animated one in every way, except it's a still image)