Realtek AC97

transform100

11 posts in this topic

There's lots of drivers for osx but I just can't get any noise if anyone has any other drivers to recommend please post lol

uh yeah im not trying to be an ass but i know that most of the time its the stupid problem u never saw commin, are all ur speaker wires ok including the ones going into the PC, if u have multiple ports try different ones as they may be switched in OSX as it wasnt made for amd or intels, make sure they have power and try some head phones or something to make sure they didnt just quit working (lol its happened to me)

it's a laptop with build in speakers and I've tried headphones nothing :o

I need just a little more help I get

evilguis-computer:/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns root# kextload -t AppleAC97AudioVIA.kextkextload: extension AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext appears to be validUnable to allocate pad vm for /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Mach - (os/kern) no space availablekextload: error mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Machkextload: can't map module fileskextload: can't check load addresses of moduleskextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleAC97AudioVIA.kextload failed for extension AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext (run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

When I do kextload -t AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext

it's a laptop with build in speakers and I've tried headphones nothing :o

I need just a little more help I get

evilguis-computer:/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns root# kextload -t AppleAC97AudioVIA.kextkextload: extension AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext appears to be validUnable to allocate pad vm for /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Mach - (os/kern) no space availablekextload: error mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Machkextload: can't map module fileskextload: can't check load addresses of moduleskextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleAC97AudioVIA.kextload failed for extension AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext (run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

When I do kextload -t AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext

I know so very little about these macs ive been a windows user all my life and know damned neer every in and out of em but i can read and it looks like u need to keep trying drivers or someone needs to figure out why its refusing to load the driver u have ;)

I don't know if this helps, but I remember my sound breaking one time, and I was able to fix it in Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI setup. Anyway, there's additional controls there (like choosing between SPD/IF and PCM for default output).

Yeah every once in a while i have to chage from 6 channel to 2 channel audio so try that.